So i have this [project] Induction

In summary, the conversation is about a project involving a coil of wire in a rod shape that goes around a magnet. The person is trying to apply Faraday's equation to find the induced voltage as the magnet moves up through a toroid with the wires wrapped around a magnetic core. They are struggling to determine which area to choose to find the flux on and how to find the current. The person also mentions that the orientation of the wire may result in a zero induced voltage.
congraduation
so i have this [project]
[PLAIN]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1220/finaldiagram.png

N is up, and S is down. Simply a coil of wire in a rod shape goes around the magnet

How do i apply the faradays equation on it. I know the rate the magnet moving up, let's say 5m/s. The problem I'm facing what area do i choose to find the flux on, because if i know this, I can find flux.

Remember, although the flux lines are passing to the area, my flux density is changing therefore, there will be a change in flux thus induced voltage, but I don't understand what area to choose, the top area of the circular rod or the cross section?

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org

you can say the magnet is moving through the center of a Toroid. I need to find the induced voltage as the magnet moves up at variable speed [as a function] through the Toroid on which the wires are wraped around a magnetic core
tor.gif

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/magnetic/indtor.html#c1

but don't understand how to find the curent...is it even possible? I can't have the coil to suroudn the magnet..its kinda impossible from the deisgn

actually it looks zero because of the orientation of the wire..the wires are bascially circulars and are grouped together to form a toroid. I need to find the induced voltage through tem

1. What is induction and how does it apply to my project?

Induction is the process of reasoning from specific examples to general principles. In other words, it involves making conclusions based on observations and patterns. In your project, induction can be used to draw conclusions or make predictions based on the data you have collected.

2. What are the steps involved in conducting an induction for my project?

The steps involved in conducting an induction for your project may vary depending on your specific research question and data. However, some common steps include collecting data, identifying patterns or trends, making hypotheses, and testing them through further observations or experiments.

3. How can I ensure the validity of my induction in my project?

To ensure the validity of your induction, it is important to have a large and diverse sample size, carefully collect and analyze your data, and consider alternative explanations for your observations. Additionally, it is crucial to clearly define your research question and stick to the principles of the scientific method.

4. Can induction be used in all types of scientific research?

Yes, induction can be used in various scientific fields, including biology, chemistry, psychology, and more. However, it may not always be the most appropriate approach and should be carefully considered in the context of your specific research question and data.

5. What are some limitations of using induction in my project?

One limitation of using induction is that it does not provide absolute certainty in its conclusions. It is also important to note that induction is based on observations and patterns, which may not always be accurate or representative of the entire population. Additionally, there may be other factors at play that could affect your results and conclusions.