Why Might Option B Be Correct in This Collision Problem?

• Thread starter coldblood
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Collision
In summary, the individual is experiencing a collision problem and is seeking help from their friends. The problem involves a table with a weight of 2N and a downward force of 7N. The individual believes the answer is option (A), but is unsure due to conflicting information. They are seeking clarification and additional help.
coldblood
Hi friends,
I have an issue in solving a Collision Problem.
Please Help me in solving this.
Thank you all in advance.

The problem is as:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1384332_1432382970322142_101322866_n.jpg

Attempt:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q81/s720x720/994348_1432381503655622_646459501_n.jpg

So friends according to me the answer should be option (A) but according to question option, (B) is correct. Please try to help me in this.
I will appreciate the help.

Physics news on Phys.org
You didn't count with the weight of the table.

ehild

ehild said:
You didn't count with the weight of the table.

ehild

Ok, well that 0.5N.will act in the downward direction on the table. And weight of the table will be 0.2 x 10 = 2N.
Hence the total force would be 7 N. downward. On leg reaction would be 7/4 = 1.75N.
Is it correct?

coldblood said:
Ok, well that 0.5N.will act in the downward direction on the table. And weight of the table will be 0.2 x 10 = 2N.
Hence the total force would be 7 N. downward. On leg reaction would be 7/4 = 1.75N.
Is it correct?

2N force acts on the whole table because of the collisions. See your own solution in the first post.

ehild

Likes 1 person

Hello there,
I am happy to assist you with your collision problem. Can you provide more information about the specific scenario or equations involved? Without more context, it is difficult to determine which option is correct. It is important to carefully analyze the given information and apply the appropriate principles and formulas to solve the problem. Keep in mind that different approaches may lead to different answers, so it is important to double check your work and make sure it is consistent with the given conditions. I would also suggest seeking help from a colleague or consulting a reliable source for additional guidance. Best of luck!

1. What is a collision problem and why is it important to solve?

A collision problem occurs when two or more objects in a system or environment collide with each other, resulting in an impact or obstruction. This can cause damage or disruption to the objects involved and can also lead to safety hazards. It is important to solve collision problems to prevent accidents, maintain the integrity of the objects, and optimize the efficiency of a system.

2. What are the common causes of collisions?

Collisions can be caused by various factors such as human error, mechanical failure, or environmental factors. In some cases, collisions are an inevitable result of the natural movement of objects, while in other cases they can be avoided through proper planning and implementation of safety measures.

3. How do scientists approach solving collision problems?

Scientists use a systematic and analytical approach to solve collision problems. This involves identifying the factors that contribute to the collision, analyzing the forces involved, and applying mathematical equations and principles to determine the best course of action to prevent or mitigate the collision.

4. What are some techniques used to prevent collisions?

There are various techniques that can be used to prevent collisions, depending on the specific situation. These include implementing safety protocols and regulations, using warning systems such as alarms or lights, implementing barriers or physical barriers, and using advanced technologies such as sensors and cameras to detect and avoid potential collisions.

5. Can collision problems be completely eliminated?

While it is not possible to completely eliminate all collisions, they can be significantly reduced through proper planning, training, and implementation of safety measures. Continuous monitoring and evaluation of systems can also help identify any potential collision risks and address them before they occur.