Solving for Series Resonance at 50Hz with Impedance and Inductance Calculations

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenMemo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Inductance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
ForgottenMemo
Messages
15
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



An AC generator produces a voltage of 230<45º volts. It is connected across an impedance of 17.4<-33º ohms.

The supply frequency = 50Hz


I got my assignment back and this question wrong, maybe you can guide me, please because I’m not sure entirety. Help is appreciated.

Question: Calculate the value of inductance that will make the circuit become series resonant at 50Hz?


Homework Equations



1/2π fc = 2 π fl

The Attempt at a Solution



I= 17.4 sin33 = 9.47
C= 1/2 π (50x9.47) = 3.36x10^-6
Would it be: 2 π fl > 2 π(50) = 314 ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Please don't double post. Also, this is not an Advanced physics problem. See solution under your EE post.