Spectrophotometric Reference for Inorganics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mishima
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Reference
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
mishima
Messages
576
Reaction score
43
I am looking for absorbance spectra and extinction coefficients (molar absorptivities) for common inorganic substances like potassium and sodium salts. I am only finding this information for biological substances.

Am I misinterpreting what the spectrophotometer can do? I would like to, for example, use Beer's Law to calculate concentration of a salt in solution after measuring absorbance with a known extinction coefficient.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I mean salts in general, like potassium permanganate or copper (II) nitrate. I am unaware if sodium chloride can be used with a spectrophotometer; I was under the impression that some could not.

would like an absorbance spectrum (absorbance vs. wavelength), so all wavelengths. I would have thought this information would be tabulated somewhere, like a chemical handbook, but I am not finding it.