Troubleshooting Strange Advertisements on My Usual Sites

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strange
In summary, the conversation discussed the issue of strange advertisements appearing on websites and opening new windows in the browser. The person sought help in determining the cause of the problem and removing it. They were advised to use a specialized program like MalwareBytes to scan their computer and remove any malicious software. It was also suggested to regularly scan and use security software to prevent future infections. The person then mentioned their success in solving the problem by running MalwareBytes, but it was explained that it is important to continue using the software for prevention purposes.
mech-eng
When I enter my usual sites, click somewhere on them strange advertisments are making themselves appear, opening a new window of the browser. How can I determine what program or add-on causing this problem?

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I have find it something for that. It seems I have a malware again. I hope it is not dangerous. And I will remove it.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-liveadexchanger-com/

Thank you.

Use MalwareBytes, good luck!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Use MalwareBytes, good luck!

I have already AVG. So doesn't it work for this one?

Thank you.

mech-eng said:
I have already AVG. So doesn't it work for this one?

Thank you.
Try it, but I usually don't like "all in one" solutions as it's hard to be the best at everything. The best programs are usually specialized.

Likes mech-eng
Greg Bernhardt said:
Try it, but I usually don't like "all in one" solutions as it's hard to be the best at everything. The best programs are usually specialized.

Would you please give me some steps, such as how can I determine its location, so that I can remove it manually by using window's delete option or scanning and catching it with AVG.

Thank you.

mech-eng said:
Would you please give me some steps, such as how can I determine its location, so that I can remove it manually by using window's delete option or scanning and catching it with AVG.

I doing a full system scan now, after it finishes I will go on with malwarebytes. But I would like to ask above question was ridicuous? Can that malware be anywhere in the pc so there might be millions of options? Can security professionals handle this kind of problems easiliy, catching directly them from their place?

Thank you.

mech-eng said:
I doing a full system scan now, after it finishes I will go on with malwarebytes. But I would like to ask above question was ridicuous? Can that malware be anywhere in the pc so there might be millions of options? Can security professionals handle this kind of problems easiliy, catching directly them from their place?

Thank you.

I had the same problem, I used Malwarebytes and now it's all gone.
I also used Kaspersky and Mcafee but both failed.

mech-eng said:

Thank you.
Focus on scanning your computer, then worry about the list of where they are located. If you are scanning your entire hard drive, including the start-up applications, then MalwareBytes will pick it up. After your computer is clean, a good idea would be to check out security software to prevent future infections.

StevieTNZ said:
After your computer is clean, a good idea would be to check out security software to prevent future infections.

Sorry, I don't understand above part. What do you mean by "check out security software"?

Thank you.

mech-eng said:
Sorry, I don't understand above part. What do you mean by "check out security software"?

Thank you.
Anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall etc.

"check out" means to read about and evaluate for my own use.

Buffu said:
I had the same problem, I used Malwarebytes and now it's all gone.
I also used Kaspersky and Mcafee but both failed.

At first, Anti-malware made an automatic scan, but the problem wasn't solved. Then I opened the program and chose "start scan" option. Then the problem has been solved. I don't understand why it didn't solved at first.

Thank you.

Anti-malware works two different ways (or modes of operation), the scan operation removes bad software. Anti-malware operates real time to block bad internet sites, not to remove existing problem software from your PC.

You have to keep scanning on a regular time schedule - like once a day. You have to keep anti-malware running all the time to intercept bad internet sites.

jim mcnamara said:
Anti-malware works two different ways (or modes of operation), the scan operation removes bad software. Anti-malware operates real time to block bad internet sites, not to remove existing problem software from your PC.

You have to keep scanning on a regular time schedule - like once a day. You have to keep anti-malware running all the time to intercept bad internet sites.

But I only ran malwarebytes once and it solved my problem.

You do not get what the software is meant to do -
1. PREVENT future malware attacks
2. get rid of existing problems.

So that means -- Keep on running it. :woot:

1. What could be causing strange advertisements to appear on my usual websites?

There are a few potential reasons for this. It could be due to adware or malware on your computer, third-party browser extensions or plugins, or even the websites themselves displaying targeted ads based on your browsing history.

2. How can I determine which specific site or ad is causing the issue?

One way to identify the source of the strange ads is to use a browser extension or software that blocks ads and tracks their origins. You can also try disabling browser extensions one by one to see if the ads disappear on particular sites.

3. Is there a way to prevent these strange ads from appearing in the future?

Yes, there are a few steps you can take to prevent these ads from appearing. First, make sure your computer has up-to-date antivirus and anti-malware software. Also, be cautious when downloading software or clicking on ads, as these can sometimes lead to adware infections. Lastly, consider using an ad blocker to prevent ads from appearing on your usual sites.

4. Are these strange ads harmful to my computer?

In most cases, these strange ads are not harmful to your computer. However, if you click on them, you could potentially be directed to a malicious website or unintentionally download malware. It's best to avoid clicking on these ads and take steps to prevent them from appearing.

5. Can I report these strange ads to the website owners?

Yes, if you believe the strange ads are coming from a specific website, you can report it to the website's owner or contact their customer support. They may be able to investigate and resolve the issue. You can also report the ads to your internet service provider or browser's customer support for further assistance.