SULI Fall 2020 Acceptances: Has Anyone Heard Back?

In summary, the conversation is about the status of the SULI internship program for Fall 2020 at LANL. The person asking the question has not heard back yet and is wondering if there is a waitlist or if COVID-19 is causing delays. The other person shares their experience of deferring their appointment due to COVID-19 and receiving a duplicate offer from Oak Ridge. They also mention that LANL is competitive and may be prioritizing those who deferred their applications. They suggest emailing the director of the program for updates and offer to answer any further questions.
slimjim27
Has anyone heard back from SULI yet?

I applied for the Fall 2020 internships with LANL as my first choice and have yet to hear anything in reply. My status still says "Application complete and pending."

I don't know if there's a wait list or if I wasn't accepted or if COVID is slowing things down but it's actually killing me lol

Physics news on Phys.org
I originally applied to the Summer 2020 SULI session. I accepted an offer from Oak Ridge that I received in the first week of the notification period. COVID happened so I deferred my appointment to the Fall. I was given priority placement and ended up getting an offer again from Oak Ridge about a week ago. I received the same offer email again today (I even had to strangely re-accept) which was likely just a bug in their application system. LANL is very competitive and receives a lot of applicants. That, COVID-19, and prioritizing people who deferred their applications to the Fall is likely contributing to the delay. I wouldn't worry much at all yet. I suggest you try emailing the director of the educational development program of the lab(s) when the deadline for offers is approaching.

If you have any further questions you think I may be able to answer I'd be more than happy to help. Best of luck!

1. When will SULI Fall 2020 acceptances be announced?

The exact date for SULI Fall 2020 acceptances to be announced has not been released yet. However, it is typically around mid to late August, so applicants should check their emails and the program's website during that time.

2. How will I be notified if I am accepted into SULI Fall 2020?

If you are accepted into SULI Fall 2020, you will receive an email notification from the program. This email will also contain instructions on how to accept or decline the offer.

3. What are my chances of being accepted into SULI Fall 2020?

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine your exact chances of being accepted into SULI Fall 2020. The program receives a large number of applications and the selection process is competitive. It is important to have a strong application and meet all the eligibility requirements.

4. Will all SULI Fall 2020 applicants be notified of their status?

Yes, all SULI Fall 2020 applicants will be notified of their status, whether they are accepted, rejected, or put on a waitlist. If you do not receive an email notification, it is recommended to check your spam or junk folder.

5. Can I appeal a rejection from SULI Fall 2020?

No, there is no appeals process for SULI Fall 2020. Once the selection process is complete, decisions are final and cannot be appealed.