Support PF: Buy your textbooks here

In summary, Physics Forums has opened an affiliate account with Amazon.com. This will allow them to receive 5-7% of any purchase you make. This is a nice way to help out and save money on your school textbooks.
darn, ok - that's nice of you @Greg Bernhardt , but I wish you guys could be on that program!

Physics news on Phys.org
sysprog said:
Amazon charges 15% to give sellers access to its customers; it pays 6% or 7% to get access to PF's customers, who could go elsewhere to buy things ##-## that seems like a mutually advantageous arrangement.
Where can these discounts be got?

JesseProbst said:
Where can these discounts be got?
There are no discounts. If you go through the PF affiliate link, then PF will get 6-7% of the price of the item you buy. For you, there is no change in the price (unless Amazon gives a discount).

Uhm, got it, thanks!

Likes Wrichik Basu
Amazon pays physics forums for advertising their website. You may wonder if Amazon is getting their money's worth with the current setup, but we are all here talking about it, so I guess it's working.

Likes rlaminate
Greg Bernhardt said:
Physics Forums has opened an affiliate account with Amazon.com.

5-7% of any purchase you make is sent to Physics Forums. Think about buying your school textbooks and other materials this way.

Just click this link and the tracking system will register that PF sent you. Easy! Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com?tag=pfamazon01-20
hey guys, there are a lot of Indian here (including me), I would be happy to buy through your affiliate account. Idk, give it a thought ig

Likes getemoutwildlife