The Quran: A Book of Prophecies

• Thread starter Another God
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing whether the truth of the Bible can be shown through accuracy in prophecy. One member presents a prophecy from the book of Daniel which is claimed to have been fulfilled by the construction of the Dome of the Rock in 687-691 AD. However, another member points out that the timeframe of 1290 days mentioned in the prophecy does not match up with the actual years. There is also a discussion about the significance of the daily sacrifice in relation to the prophecy. The conversation ends with a member questioning the validity of the prophecy and whether it can be applied selectively to any event.
Originally posted by Another God
Well, it does say this in the next few lines you know:
20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

But I will look up the dates of this prophecy, and see what can be taken from the fact that it says the daily sacrifice was taken away.
It's funny but I knew that it said this somewhere, but I thought it was in one of my reference books, so I spent well over an hour trying to find it but I couldn't. Anyway this makes it a lot easier. Thanks.

Whereas when you think about it -- "the Jews" -- who, didn't actually exist as a people until after The Captivity, have been under the dominion of someone else ever since their release. So in this respect they haven't been allowed to worship "their God" in the way that they deem fit, in which case you could say their daily sacrifice was taken away.

But what 2300 years? WHY? What does 2300 have to do with anything?
Apparently "you" didn't read this part.

Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. (Daniel 8:13-14).
So what seems to be the problem here? Or, are you saying the "day for a year" thing doesn't apply here?

I'll tell you what. Nothing. It has Nothing to do with anything. So stop talking about it.
Why are you so hasty to dismiss what I have to say? Anyway, as I already said, I'm already familiar with these two dates, 543 BC and 1757 AD, both of which are mentioned in my Timeline thread.

While it just so happens that the year 1757 is the year that the "Last Judgment" (as foretold by the book of Revelation) was supposed to occur on the Christian Church, "or era," at which point a "New Church" or era began. Which roughly coincides with the "Age of Enligtenment" -- or, the advancement of science. This is all well documented, so please don't eschew me away about the date, Okay?

Physics news on Phys.org
While something else just occurred to me, about the date Alexander the Great died, 323 BC. If you take that and add 2,300 years, you also come up with the year 1977 -- which, is the first date that you came up with, right? ... i.e., 687 + 1290 = 1977.

Hmm ... Very interesting! :wink:

EDIT: Another thought about building a dome over sombody else's temple, is that it defiles it and basically takes away the ability to hold sacrifices, as it -- "the ascent to heaven" -- is no longer under their domain. So maybe the timeline and the Dome of the Rock are one and the same?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Iacchus32
Apparently "you" didn't read this part.
Yep. Sorry about that. I thought I edited that part out before anyone else saw it. I wanted to reply to the Greek persia thing, so I replied, and when you reply it removes the quote text...so I didn't finish reading the quote. I just assumed you were throwing your 2300 number in there again. My mistake.

Yep. Sorry about that. I thought I edited that part out before anyone else saw it. I wanted to reply to the Greek persia thing, so I replied, and when you reply it removes the quote text...so I didn't finish reading the quote. I just assumed you were throwing your 2300 number in there again. My mistake.
No problem. While here I had just called up somebody's site over the Internet and scrolled down to this passage on the screen. And for some reason I had in mind 1290 days, yet I hadn't looked at it that closely. I was more concerned that it referred to the daily sacrifice. And I was kind looking away thinking about something else when the date jumped out at me from the screen. Actually I had begun to read it subsconsciously, but there was something about the date that didn't quite jive. And when I took a second look, and saw that it said 2,300, I couldn't believe it!

And, since the passage began with the rise of Persia and its subsequent struggle with Greece (although I was guessing at this point), I figured it must be speaking of some point just prior to where Persia conquered Babylon in 539 BC, hence the correlation to the 2,300 years between 543 BC and 1757 AD which, as I say, I had already determined.

And yet after reading the whole thing more closely, I think it's referring to the period Alexander conquered the Middle-East and began Hellenizing the Holy Land. This I think is what is meant by taking the daily sacrifice away. Indeed, the Jews have been "obstructed" from being able to worship "freely" ever since ... where the sacrifice is meant to be done voluntarily, and under the "domain" of one's own (religious) understanding, instead of that of some foreign domain -- i.e., Hellenism.

EDIT: As for the 1290 days at the end of "the abomination that maketh desolate" period, how about 1977 being the year that Anwar Sadat initiates the peace process with Israel? ... Sadat's Visit to Israel, 1977

Indeed, wouldn't it be at this point that the nation of Israel has now been "officially" recognized as being re-established?

While another thing is that Hagar, the mother of Abraham's first son Ishmael (from which the Arab nations sprang), was an Egyptian, so maybe it's fitting that Israel begin its "reconciliation" with the "sons of Egypt?"

Last edited:
oh yeah,. about that 1290 days thing: Apparently, that is referring to the time difference between the daily sacrifice being taken away, and the setting up of the abomination.

So I have been told, that the daily sacrifice was taken away, 1290 years passed, the abomination set up, and the 1335 years passes and ...something else happens.

oh yeah,. about that 1290 days thing: Apparently, that is referring to the time difference between the daily sacrifice being taken away, and the setting up of the abomination.

So I have been told, that the daily sacrifice was taken away, 1290 years passed, the abomination set up, and the 1335 years passes and ...something else happens.
And yet I took it to read that the daily sacrifice was taken away at the same time the great abomination was set up. Which kind of makes sense, because like I said, it defiles the temple and makes it unfit for religious practices for the Jews.

Whereas by this reconciliation that occurs between the Jews and the Arabs (specifically Egypt), the temple now comes under the dominion of both peoples and is no longer considered an abomination.

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
It sounds like the abomination part is just an addendum to the daily sacrifice part. And why bother to mention the 1,335 days and leave it dangling there? If in fact it weren't referring to the 45 day period that occurs after the 1290 days? This to me makes a lot more sense.

And yet I took it to read that the daily sacrifice was taken away at the same time the great abomination was set up.

i too took it the same way, but upon having this pointed out to me, have decided that I agree with the 1290 dayst between the two events.

But the fact that it is less than perfectly clear makes it very very problematic in my mind.

I accept it to be time between the two now, because i was shown a lexicon with the hebrew version, and a more literal translation, and it seemed to pan out that way moreso. Besides, it says nothing about the 1290 days, but says that blessed is he who wait 1335 after it happens. So it makes sense that it says "From time of A, to time of B there will be 1290. 1335 days after that only the blessed will live."

Hmm, this lexicon website may be useful... here is what

Abomination of Desolation, [J] Crosswalk.com said about the abomination:

Abomination of Desolation

Mentioned by our Saviour, (Matthew 24:15) as a sign of the approaching destruction of Jerusalem, with reference to (Daniel 9:27; 11:31; 12:11) The prophecy referred ultimately to the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, and consequently the "abomination" must describe some occurrence connected with that event. It appears most probable that the profanities of the Zealots constituted the abomination, which was the sign of the impending ruin; but most people refer it to the standards or banners of the Roman army. They were abomination because there were idolatrous images upon them.

It only mentions the daily sacrifice as being about one in the morning, one in the evening...nothing interesting.

While something else was bugging me about the 1290 days, as somebody had mentioned it corresponded to "a time, a times, and a half," which was roughly three-and-a-half years and was mentioned in verse 7 ...

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. (Daniel 12:7).
And yet, according to what I mentioned in my https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=62551#post62551, I understood that "a time, a times, and a half" corresponded to 1260 days or 42 months (42 x 30 = 1260), which makes more sense. And I was thinking, what if I were subtract the 30 days (years) from 1977 and see what corresponded to the year 1947. And quess what? This is the year the State of Israel was officially recognized by the United Nations! Now isn't that something! ... And what does it say about scattering the holy people during this time frame? Wow! While here I would venture to say that both these dates, 1947 and 1977, are two of the most significant dates in the history of modern Israel.

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/whistlestop/study_collections/israel/large/1947.htm

"a time, a times, and a half," which was roughly three-and-a-half years and was mentioned in verse 7 ...
I don't understand how that = 3.5 years at all. nor do I understand how it corresponds to 42 months.

Least of all do i understand how you rationalise a random subtraction of 30 days from some number, and decide that you have found something significant.

Most of what you are doing here Iachus, is trying your darndest to fit the prophecy to various happenings in history, and if it doesn't fit quite as snugly as you like, then you change the variables a little, change the interpretation a little...etc. And that is not what I am here to do. I want to know what the prophecy means, and then see if that makes any sense in regards of history. Not the other way around.

This is very important. So please stop trying to make it fit a history of numbers.

PS: The chapters of the bible (like Revelation 19, 20, 21 etc... those chapter numbers, aren't actually in the original. They are added to the modern bible just as a reference system. The original was written on a series of parchments that were not numbered. So any amazing number games you have in your book that come as a consequence of the numbers of chapters, is meaningless as far as the Bible Goes.)

I don't understand how that = 3.5 years at all. nor do I understand how it corresponds to 42 months.
I have good a reference which refers to how these numbers correlate. Where 42 months x 30 = 1260. And 42 months divided 12 = 3.5 years.

Least of all do i understand how you rationalise a random subtraction of 30 days from some number, and decide that you have found something significant.
Actually I thought 1260 days was much closer to 3.5 years than 1290 days, but after doing the math, 365 x 3.5 = 1277.5 days or, if you include the leap year you get 1278.375 days. As opposed to 360 x 3.5 = 1260 days. So it is closer to the 1290 days. Sorry. I'm just more familiar with working with these other numbers and assumed the 1260 days was a standard, that's all.

Most of what you are doing here Iachus, is trying your darndest to fit the prophecy to various happenings in history, and if it doesn't fit quite as snugly as you like, then you change the variables a little, change the interpretation a little...etc. And that is not what I am here to do. I want to know what the prophecy means, and then see if that makes any sense in regards of history. Not the other way around.
All I did was come with up two numbers, conduct two separate searches, go to the first site for each search, and that was it! I wasn't really trying hard to do anything?

This is very important. So please stop trying to make it fit a history of numbers.
LOL! I doubt that you'll be able to figure it out unless you take both into account.

PS: The chapters of the bible (like Revelation 19, 20, 21 etc... those chapter numbers, aren't actually in the original. They are added to the modern bible just as a reference system. The original was written on a series of parchments that were not numbered. So any amazing number games you have in your book that come as a consequence of the numbers of chapters, is meaningless as far as the Bible Goes.)
And yet this is what we have to work with now isn't it? Besides, I don't recall having said anything about the significance of chapters vs numbers in this thread. So please don't accuse me of that, Okay?

By the way, I did check out the lexicon thing, and the whole thing sounds kind of iffy to me. The older translations weren't any less obscure than the King James version (which tends to read as if it happened the one way), and the more recent versions, which I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit, had the whole thing spelled out (which, tend read as if it happened the other way). So it's really hard to say?

By the way, I did check out the lexicon thing, and the whole thing sounds kind of iffy to me. The older translations weren't any less obscure than the King James version (which tends to read as if it happened the one way), and the more recent versions, which I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit, had the whole thing spelled out (which, tend read as if it happened the other way). So it's really hard to say?
What sounds iffy? The lexicon? Which older translations? what one way? which more recent versions and what don't you trust? what other way? erm, what's hard to say?

Originally posted by kat
What sounds iffy? The lexicon? Which older translations? what one way? which more recent versions and what don't you trust? what other way? erm, what's hard to say?
And yet I took it to read that the daily sacrifice was taken away at the same time the great abomination was set up.

i too took it the same way, but upon having this pointed out to me, have decided that I agree with the 1290 dayst between the two events.

But the fact that it is less than perfectly clear makes it very very problematic in my mind.

I accept it to be time between the two now, because i was shown a lexicon with the hebrew version, and a more literal translation, and it seemed to pan out that way moreso. Besides, it says nothing about the 1290 days, but says that blessed is he who wait 1335 after it happens. So it makes sense that it says "From time of A, to time of B there will be 1290. 1335 days after that only the blessed will live."

*boggle*

The Breakdown...

"10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand."

- This is period following the 3 1/2 years of tribulation (total 7 years 3 1/2 of peace through a covenant). The remnant of Israel (144,000 true christians) will be slain and their power scattered. Yet, they will find a place in glory forever as they have already had the victory. The wicked will be oblivious to what is really going on concerning the matter. "Wisdom is in Christ"; everything else is speculative knowledge and unbelief. This will cause the wicked to be as fools concerning the truth of the matter... unto their destruction. Before this period, the "times of the gentiles" will have ended and the church of God raptured. God will then again, as promised, turn to Israel again... the children of God or "the original branches".

"11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days."

- The Temple will be rebuilt again. Israel will, once again, sacrifice and offer unto the Lord. They still bind themselves to the law which was presented by the hand of Moses on Mt. Sinai; therefore, they will continue there practices. The anti-christ will be Syrian; a direct post-example of Antiochus Epiphanese who did exactly what this prophecy has said (you can find this in the book of Maccabees and various historical literature). The "abomination of desolation" will be, most likely, his image in the place of the alter. The Bible mentions about "Times and time and a half"... a "time" is 365 days or 1 year. The total is more or less 3 1/2 years (1275 days). 1 "week" is reserved for the time of anti-christ. A "week" is 7 years. In the middle of the "week", the anti-christ will break his covenant with Israel and begin his desolations.

"12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days."

- This is the not just a statement. This is neither a prohpecy. This is plain imagery. The image is the intense persecution and desolation, also, the chances of survival during. Not all the tribulation saints will see death during this troublesome time.

To add:

In MY opinion, this number refers to the "trinity of a man". 7 is consider a number representing perfection. 6 is imperfection. The trinity of man involves the spirit, soul, body of men. This number could only mean, in MY opinion, that the anti-christ is reprobate and evil in all three aspects... three times dead.

"Today's" so-called faith.

Fact. The gospel of Christ that these prophesies are balanced by has been duplicated... for the worst. During the time right before the Exodus of the Israelites, there were two magicians that resisted Moses in the sight of Pharaoh (I believe Ramses II, just an opinion). Everything Moses performed by the power of God, they performed through sorcery until they're false sorcery and mimics were abruptly ended on the 3rd plague... lice. Satan resisted then, and he resisted between 4 A.D. - 33 A.D., and he continues to resist... and getting better at it to where people today are lost in dismay. There are literally hundreds of "christian" denominations in the world as we type. The majority, and I do mean majority, are false. Follow me on this... Satan enticed actual christians to stray from the power and truth in the gospel and faith of Christ and defect to the law and traditions of men. Result? Christianity was slowly becoming a religion bases off a fable or something of no power. This, in turn, is why "just another religion". Anyway, Christians remained in one mind and Spirit, by faith. Sound doctrine was dominant approximately some years after Christ ascended. The apostle Paul took a stand against the apostle Peter concerning the Jewish christians imposing the law on the gentile christians (about circumsision). The matter was resolved. But, other men of lesser faith, if that, imposed unfamiliar ideas and philosophies into the church. Eventually, a certain man named Constantine became ruler after a series of vicious christian persecution through out the years. He adopted the christian faith and made it the national religion. This, no doubt, opened the door for the Greek (if my memory serves me right) philosophers to also gain advantage in adopting the "faith". Everything seemed fine and dandy after that, right? Wrong. True christians rejected the vain claims of "christianity", thus, inviting the ever-so-popular "christian"-on-christian persecutions... "The great whore, whose cup is filled with the blood of the saints"... the catholic church. 2000+ years later, the devil has nearly dooped the world into believing there is no "true" christians and that the Bible is a mere document. The one who exposes this truth is liable to being stoned or shot. There is more... but I want to go onto another prophetical fact. Next post----->

There is more... but I want to go onto another prophetical fact. Next post----->

You say that as if you've already mentioned one.

Could you please point this out to us? Perhaps show the factuality of it?

Also it seems there is some kinda problem with the whole Exodus story. As I had seen it, they've found the workers who built the pyramids were valued citizens, not slaves. They were cared for, had shelter provided, etc.

Also, seems like there is absolutely no egyptian record of the events claimed in the bible. Why?

Continued...

In the book of Revelation, the Bible mentions "A third part..."

The tribulation is not going to be "world" wide as most people suspect. The tribulation is geared to bring Israel back to reconciliation with God. Therefore, for a fact, the plagues will be executed in the middle-east region. Looking at Biblical history, you most likely will not be aware that the tribulation is actually happening. Everything will most likely happen subtlely and logically which will hide its' significance and impact to the scientific/atheist/religious world. Also, the Iraelites are the only ones the tribulation is reserved for. The tribulation saints, contrary to the "Left Behind" series are ONLY the 144,000 which is subsequent with the ending of the "times of the gentiles".

"World" is often referred to in the Bible as relating to nations and peoples of significance according to whoever utilizes the word. It was seldom used to reference the Earth.

The miracles and judgement performed by God in the old testiment was often overlooked after the fact that it happened. Surely, the children of Israel would acknowledge and glorify God in the instance, but then will go back to being whoring backsliders, almost to their destruction. These were during times when science was practically non-existent and gods were accountable for phenomena that happened. Today, knowledge has increased to the point where so-called "christianity", atheism, and other vain religion rely on it. Making God's power vain to them and also, aligning the true God up with false gods who never had power to begin with. This is, in my opinion, the "strong delusion" prophecied.

Originally posted by megashawn
You say that as if you've already mentioned one.

Could you please point this out to us? Perhaps show the factuality of it?

Also it seems there is some kinda problem with the whole Exodus story. As I had seen it, they've found the workers who built the pyramids were valued citizens, not slaves. They were cared for, had shelter provided, etc.

Also, seems like there is absolutely no egyptian record of the events claimed in the bible. Why?

Hi Shawn,

I don't follow you. I would have to read the entire Bible out loud to enlighten you any further. These answers are coming from study. Also, I never mentioned anything about Egyptians besides the two sorcerers. I have not seen it in Egyptian record myself either. But, and a big BUT, there is record of the Exodus in other records of the surrounding countries. The Israelites gained regional fame because of this Exodus. They were known as drifters for quite some time after the fact. And to add to that BUT, there is a record of Joseph in Egyptian history. Putting two and two together... if there were no Exodus, according to the Egyptians, then where did Joseph's brothers and their children go?

Actually I don't see anything here that refers to the word "after" in verse 12. According to the King James Version on the lexicon anyway ...

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. (Daniel 12:11-12).
This is almost like saying, okay you do the math. And where did the 1335 days come from anyway? Just out of the blue? Or, is it referred to elsewhere?

Whereas if you read the Good News Translation, it seems to confirm the original idea (regarding verse 11) ...

11 From the time the daily sacrifices are stopped, that is, from the time of The Awful Horror, 1,290 days will pass.
12 Happy are those who remain faithful until 1,335 days are over! (Daniel 12:11-12).
This is the most clear translation so far, at least in terms of what we thought it should be. Which, seems to fit in quite well with the years 687 and 1977.

Whereas if you read the The New Revised Standard Version ...

11 From the time that the regular burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that desolates is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred ninety days.
12 Happy are those who persevere and attain the thousand three hundred thirty-five days. (Daniel 12:11-12).
So there you have it! Two conflicting translations!

P.S. The Kings James version of verse 11 has three parts: the first part is active, the second part is passive (no modifying verb?), suggesting it's to be included with the with the first part, and the third part is active, suggesting it's supposed to act on the first and second part together. At least this is what it suggests to me.

Whereas if you read the Good News Translation, it seems to confirm the original idea (regarding verse 11) ...
LOL..the Good News Translation. I don't think that even counts as a translation. More as a euphemism than anything... It takes the bible, and converts it into a fairy tale for brainwashing kids into what the church wants them to believe.

is there a conclusion for this prophecy yet?

1290 days

This has been an interesting line of threads, with discussion of days to years and back to days. The big question is, has this prophecy been fulfilled yet? I answer with a definite NO! For any good bible exegesis, one must consider the surrounding text carefully. A careful study of this chapter of Daniel along with the previous chapters, you can see that this is talking about the end times.

Verse 2: Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the Earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Verse 9: He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.

Verse 13: "As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance."

Just with these verses from this chapter, we can see that this is referring to the time of the end. If we back up to chapter 9, we see ""Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people..."

Chapter 9, verse 25 shows that 69 (7+62) weeks (of years) have already been fulfilled. That leaves one "7" or one week of years left to be fulfilled:

25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolation’s have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. "

This final week is called "the 70th week." Notice here the multiple use of the words "the end." One side note is that this period of 69 weeks of years is 173,880 days. A man from Scotland Yards worked this out to the very day that Jesus came and presented Himself to the Jews as their Messiah and was "cut off." On our own calendar, this works out to the exact day! Are these prophecies accurate? Yes, extremely accurate! If someone wants to see the math for this, write me, lyle.cooper@cox.net

WE must remember that a prophetic year in the bible is 360 days. We will prove this here. There are other proofs of this throughout the bible. Daniel has his "time - times - and 1/2 time or 3 1/3 years. Revelation 11:1, speaking of the 70th week period, says "forty-two months" and "prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days." The 70th week is a 7 year period divided into two 1260 day periods. It is divided because God says that in the midst of the week the "daily" sacrifice will be taken away. This pinpoints the two 1260 day periods. Note that 1260 divided by 360 is 3 1/2. So we know that in the midst of this 7 year period, the daily sacrifices will cease.

How do we know that this wasn't fulfilled in AD 70? Good question. One reason is that Jesus mentions the "abomination of desolation" and relates it to the end of time and His Second Coming. You will note that Jesus did not return to Earth in AD 70 and set up his 1000-year reign as King of this planet! Also, most of the book of Revelation is about this 70th week, and it was written about AD 90, or 20 years after AD 70.

Now what about the 1290? There are two possibilities. One is that after the antichrist stops the daily sacrifices, he will not set up the abomination for another 1290 days. In other words, there are 1290 days between the two events. Daily sacrifices taken away - 1290 days - Abomination set up. Note that in this scenario, the 70th week will be over 30 days before the abomination is even set up. The next possibility is that these two events happen together and they happen exactly 1290 days before some other event, such as the cleansing of the temple. WE must note that these "daily sacrifices" have not taken place since AD 70! However, I am confident because of these scriptures that they soon will begin again. I know that the Jews now have red heifers to do the sacrifices. They have worked hard to achieve this. A red heifer is necessary because the bible says the sacrifice is to be a "red heifer without spot or blemish." (Numbers chapter 19) There is no doubt that the Jews want to restart the daily sacrifices.

However, to do this, there needs to be a temple! I believe that the 7-year treaty that starts the 70th week of Daniel will allow the Jews to build a new temple. As you can see, I believe that the 1290 days are still in the future, and that they are sure to come. I believe that the scripture is clear that the 70th week has not happened yet, but will happen very soon.

I wanted to add something about the 1335th day. Both of these time frames start with the "daily" being removed. What will happen on the 1335th day? This is free for anyone's guess! Many online have guessed that it is the day that Jesus returns, but then, He said no one will know the day nor the hour - so why would he give the very day? It could be that this is the day that the antichrist is thrown into the lake of fire! That would be a blessed day!

Another thought about the 1290th day. Jesus told them that when they see 1) Jerusalem surrounded by armies, and 2) the abomination of desolation set up, they are to flee. If the abomination is set up 1290 days after the daily is removed, or 1290 days after the midpoint of the 7 years, the timing is just about right for this. Suppose the Jew that know this prophecy, flee, but are pushed up against the hills by the antichrist's armies with no place to flee. We know that when Jesus comes back and His feet touch Mt. Olivet, the mountain will split and create a huge valley (East and West) and the Jews will flee into the mountain to escape. (Zechariah 14) Jesus said HE would return a very short time after the 70th week is finished (1260 days after the daily is removed.)

The only trouble I have with this scenario is that armies might surround Jerusalem in the first 3 1/2 years, and they all flee then.

Although the last 3 1/2 year will be hell on earth, and millions (billions?) will die, many will survive, for Jesus has the "Nations" judgement" very soon after He returns to decide who will be able to enter into the 1000 year reign of Christ.

The 666 Calculator and prophecy

Some of it's interesting BUT I'm looking for some feed back from people who know math. I copied one of this guys pages plus I have some links where he debates someone on this at his forum. Read the excerpt below then come back and click the links.

His 666 Calculator

http://www.geocities.com/iamthekey_2000/calculator.html

A debate on his forum - Part 1

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=1866&threadid=3912

A debate on his forum - Part 2

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=1866&threadid=4266 part 2

-----------------------------------------------
Excerpt form his page...

The English Langauge Letter Values uncovering Antichrist

A=6 B=12 C=18 D=24 E=30 F=36 G=42 H=48 I=54 J=60 K=66 L=72 M=78 N=84 O=90 P=96 Q=102 R=108 S=114 T=120 U=126 V=132 W =138 X=144 Y=150 Z=156

We will start with the 666 findings first. Then we will look at the 444, 906 and the other match total patterns. IMPORTANT NOTE: All groups shown on this page are calculated by the same exact alphabet key shown above. You can check these results using the calculator at the top of the page, or you can check them manually. There are also additional findings included on this page that were not shown at the main page, so be sure to review all of them.

A=6 B=12 C=18 D=24 E=30 F=36 G=42 H=48 I=54 J=60 K=66 L=72 M=78 N=84 O=90 P=96 Q=102 R=108 S=114 T=120 U=126 V=132 W =138 X=144 Y=150 Z=156

The 666 Findings word list using the Numeric alphabet above

Mark of Beast=666, Bio-Implant=666, plus the words; Sorceries, Necromancy, Witchcraft, Lustful, Corrupt, Insanity, Horrors, Treacheries, Slaughter, Computer, Calculation, False Market, Channellers, Stubborn, Unruly, Illusion, Book of the Dead, Son of Sin, A Perdition, Geneticist, Quarrels,Falling Away

Other Interesting 666 totals

New York=666 (United Nations?)

Waco Texas=666 (David Koresh?)

A Branch Davidian=666 (David Koresh's group)

Almost 666 but not quite

Osama Bin Laden = 660

Adolf Hitler = 660

Darwinism = 660

The 444 group of words using the same alphabet values

Jesus=444, Yshua=444, plus the words; Messiah, Cross, Gospel, Jewish, Joshua, Obedient , Increase, Forgave, English, Gematria, Parent, Church age, Fruit

The 906 group of words using the same alphabet values

Jesus is Lord=906, Jesus Christ=906, Son of the Lord, Lord's Prayer, Holy Spirit, Lord of Hosts,Through Love, Jesus Glory, Jesus Is Alive, Redeemer From God, Jesus Sacrificed, Shed Blood For Man, Prophetic King, Unconditional, Healing Promise, Love is the Law

The 888 group of words using the same alphabet values

Divine Presence = 888

Omnipresent = 888

Messiah Jesus = 888

Coming Truth = 888

A Holy Truth = 888

Law of Liberty = 888

King of the Sabbath = 888

The King Jesus = 888

Finished Cross = 888

The Lion of Judah = 888

Morning Star = 888

Scriptures = 888

The Trinity = 888

The Lord's Time = 888

The House of God = 888

The Doings of God = 888

Biblical Prophet = 888

Group 204

Grace = 204

Free = 204

One = 204

Group 360

Teacher = 360

Holy = 360

Pure = 360

Word = 360

Believe = 360

Helps = 360

The most common errors I hear by email in the form of statements from Christians trying to correct me on this subject:

Many Christians say: The English Gematria codes cannot be correct because the mark of the beast isn't even literal, just as God did not mean for us to literally do mathematics when calculating the number. We are only supposed to reckon the number 666 symbolically.
MY ANSWER:-The MARK of the Beast is LITERIAL and so is the calculation of the name and number 666.

Whenever you hear a Christian say the mark of the beast is not literal then run don't walk to a private place and pray for that person. If they teach such a thing then they will be deceived and destroyed if Jesus Christ does not deliver and correct them. You see most Christians will not study the scriptures beyond the basic Gospel, they like to let their pastor, or a priest do that for them. Christians just as non believers are quite often very busy and don't always study the scriptures as they should. It's a poor excuse, but sadly it happens far to often among Christians of all denominations.

It is also very dangerous not study the scriptures at a deeper level for yourself. To not study the scriptures seriously and to just take someone else's word for it is like trusting a man that tells you that your car will never need another oil change with his new and improved oil. It sure sounds good but even if some type of new oil was developed that could live up to that claim you still would not just take that person's word for it without verifying it quite seriously first.

Now friends when you do serious study of the Bible's original Koine Greek definitions (new testament) for the words "calculate" and the word "mark" it becomes very clear that those who make statements saying the mark is not literal are erred and on a runaway trian speeding down the wrong way track, a very deadly track at that. Even Hal Lindsey and Grant Jeffrey will confirm these Koine greek definitions. For non believers visiting if you ever wanted to know why Christians debate and argue at times then here is one of the most serious re*********************** Truncated

Alright, I'm no Biblical scholar. It took me halfway through this thread to figure out what book the verse in question was coming from. I want to read it in context before I post much else on it.

However, I thought one point is worth mentioning now, for what it's worth. Regarding whether those numbers mean years, days or a combination of both, something else should be considered in determining the length of time indicated. If days mean years, then we need to make sure to correct for different calendar systems between then and now. I could be wrong on this, but I have this vague recollection that the number of days in a year was different when a lunar calendar was used prior to the creation of the Gregorian calendar we now use that defines a year as 265-1/4 days (that 1/4 is the leap year fudge factor). I don't think this is going to make a huge difference, except that over a few thousand years, a day or two here and there could add up to a few years difference. If the objective is to determine the precise time when a prophesy should occur to decide if it indeed HAS occurred as predicted, then we need to make sure we're calculating that date correctly.

As a side note, I really appreciate the contributions of the people who have read some of the text in its original language who are helping in the interpretation based on original wording. I find that to be a difficulty in interpreting the Bible, when the English version uses an archaic form of English to translate an archaic form of another language, that in turn can lead to a substantial difference in interpretation of the meaning. The "overspreading" example is a good one. I did take that to mean covering or encompassing, but can see how one could also read that as spread too much or too far.

Edit:
Here's a link about some different calendars and the number of days in a year according to them. I don't know which one is appropriate, but as you will see, you can get vastly different dates depending which one you use. :eek:
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/Calendar.html

Last edited:
The Bible

All you people, leave the bible, follow the Quran. It is more authentic, and it has a lot of prophecies which were fulfilled and which will be fulfilled. You'll stay stunned on looking at the prophecies it prophecized. You may call it the modern of all books of God. I believe that the Bible is also a book of God, and all muslims believe it, But the Quran is more modern. It prophecized the fall of Byzantine empire, the signs of the Judgment day, etc.