Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thermal Pad

  1. Aug 2, 2010 #1


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Someone a while back posted a link to a thermally conductive/heat transfer pad. Can't remember the details, but I remember I was intrigued by it.....anyone remember what it was?

    [yes, I know this is vague]
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2010 #2
    Yes, they're commonly used in electronics, especially now that surface mount components are used. I've used them many times myself.

    They are called thermally conductive pads, or "gap pads". If you google these terms, you should find it no problem.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook