Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT)

In summary, the conversation is about a student's research on a three phase PV grid tied system and their difficulties in understanding the MPPT and subsystem parts of the model. They have attached a simulation file and a document for reference, and have asked for guidance on specific questions related to the MPPT and subsystem blocks.
JermziePV

Homework Statement

Currently, I'm doing on a research of this three phase PV grid tied system. I found a model and try to run and simulate for further understanding. There's an attachment of a model three phase pv grid tied system in Simulink. However, I've a hard time understanding the MPPT and also the subsystem part in the model. Can anyone guide me on this? Many thanks.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to place sink block to get the readings on every line. However, I have no idea how to get the value after the signal going through the memory block. I would like to know how it works. Meanwhile, for the subsystem, I guess it's a combination of solar equations.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
JermziePV said:

Homework Statement

Currently, I'm doing on a research of this three phase PV grid tied system. I found a model and try to run and simulate for further understanding. There's an attachment of a model three phase pv grid tied system in Simulink. However, I've a hard time understanding the MPPT and also the subsystem part in the model. Can anyone guide me on this? Many thanks.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to place sink block to get the readings on every line. However, I have no idea how to get the value after the signal going through the memory block. I would like to know how it works. Meanwhile, for the subsystem, I guess it's a combination of solar equations.

Welcome to the PF.

The simulation file doesn't appear to be attached to this copy of your thread. Can you attach it? Can you also attach a PDF version of the document?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

The simulation file doesn't appear to be attached to this copy of your thread. Can you attach it? Can you also attach a PDF version of the document?

There's an attachment of the Three Phase Grid-Tied System in Matlab/Simulink.

Actually,I'm having difficulties in understanding how the MPPT and subsytem work.My questions are:

In MPPT block,
i) Is Pn-Pb equivalent to P(n)-P(n-1) ?
ii) Instead of delta P/delta V why is that delta P * delta V ?
iii)Izit necessary to set the duty ratio to 0.001(Delta D)?

In Subsystem block,
i)I try to model out the equation. But I couldn't really figure it out which equation he used.

Sincerely hope you could guide me on this. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. Many thanks.

Attachments

• PV_System_MPPT_Grid.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 234

Related to Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT)

1. What is a Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT)?

A Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT) is a type of solar power system that uses three phases of alternating current (AC) electricity to connect to the power grid. It also utilizes a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technique to optimize the power production of the solar panels.

2. How does a Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT) work?

A Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT) works by converting the direct current (DC) electricity generated by the solar panels into three phases of AC electricity. The MPPT algorithm constantly adjusts the input voltage and current to the inverter, ensuring that the solar panels are operating at their maximum power point.

3. What are the advantages of using a Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT)?

There are several advantages to using a Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT), including higher efficiency, better power output, and easier integration with the power grid. The MPPT technique also allows for increased flexibility in panel orientation and shading, resulting in more consistent power production.

4. How is a Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT) different from a single phase system?

A Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT) differs from a single phase system in that it uses three phases of AC electricity instead of just one. This allows for a higher power output and better distribution of energy, making it more suitable for larger residential or commercial applications.

5. What are the potential drawbacks of a Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT)?

One potential drawback of a Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT) is the higher initial cost compared to a single phase system. It also requires a three-phase power supply, so it may not be suitable for all locations. Additionally, if one phase fails, it can affect the entire system, whereas a single phase failure in a single phase system would not have as significant of an impact.