1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Three Phase PV Grid-Tied System(MPPT)

1. Sep 1, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Currently, I'm doing on a research of this three phase PV grid tied system. I found a model and try to run and simulate for further understanding. There's an attachment of a model three phase pv grid tied system in Simulink. However, I've a hard time understanding the MPPT and also the subsystem part in the model. Can anyone guide me on this? Many thanks.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I tried to place sink block to get the readings on every line. However, I have no idea how to get the value after the signal going through the memory block. I would like to know how it works. Meanwhile, for the subsystem, I guess it's a combination of solar equations.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2013 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

The simulation file doesn't appear to be attached to this copy of your thread. Can you attach it? Can you also attach a PDF version of the document?

4. Sep 7, 2013 #3
    There's an attachment of the Three Phase Grid-Tied System in Matlab/Simulink.

Actually,I'm having difficulties in understanding how the MPPT and subsytem work.My questions are:

In MPPT block,
    i) Is Pn-Pb equivalent to P(n)-P(n-1) ?
    ii) Instead of delta P/delta V why is that delta P * delta V ?
    iii)Izit necessary to set the duty ratio to 0.001(Delta D)?

In Subsystem block,
    i)I try to model out the equation. But I couldn't really figure it out which equation he used.

Sincerely hope you could guide me on this. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. Many thanks.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted