Unbelievable knex ball machine

In summary, the conversation revolved around a video of a giant K'nex ball machine, sparking nostalgia and memories of playing with K'nex and other building toys as children. Several people expressed their love for these types of toys and shared their own experiences with them. The conversation also touched on the music in the video and the possibility of it being composed by a young Thomas Newman. Overall, the conversation was filled with admiration and appreciation for the impressive K'nex creation.
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow.

I'm glad he had the time to share that with us. This makes me want to take my old k'nex set out of the closet for the my son. He's on megablocks right now (the type that can't be swallowed). Thanks for helping me think about him.

Last edited:
Amazing piece of work.

My son had a K-nex set and built a roller-coaster which took up a fair amount of space in his room.

Your are a wonderful father sir. I had so much fun playing with my set as a kid. Now I'm playing with molecules and math. I'm partial to legos, k'nex and the like, so you have an unfair advantage. The upside down K'Nex Roller Coaster box waiting in the closet for my son.

Incredible spectacle. In a heartbeat, my lego fly prison with elevator and automatic electrocution is turned ordinary and medieval.

I also love the music. Does anyone know who wrote that? A young Thomas Newman?

When I was a kid, my brother and I built "lego city" which took up about roughly half the space in our bedroom. I have old pictures this that I will post here after I have hundreds of polaroids from the 1980's and 1990's scanned and turned into digital photos.

Last edited:

1. What is an "Unbelievable knex ball machine"?

An "Unbelievable knex ball machine" is a complex and impressive structure built using the building toy called Knex. It is designed to transport small balls through a series of twists, turns, ramps, and loops using gravity, momentum, and mechanical components.

2. How long does it take to build an "Unbelievable knex ball machine"?

The time it takes to build an "Unbelievable knex ball machine" varies depending on the size, complexity, and skill level of the builder. It can take anywhere from a few hours to several weeks or even months to complete.

3. Can anyone build an "Unbelievable knex ball machine"?

Yes, anyone can build an "Unbelievable knex ball machine" with enough patience, determination, and attention to detail. However, some building experience with Knex or other building toys may be helpful in understanding the various components and how they work together.

4. Are there instructions or guides available for building an "Unbelievable knex ball machine"?

Yes, there are many resources available online, including step-by-step instructions, videos, and forums, where Knex enthusiasts share their designs and tips for building an "Unbelievable knex ball machine". You can also find books and guides specifically dedicated to building Knex ball machines.

5. What are the benefits of building an "Unbelievable knex ball machine"?

Building an "Unbelievable knex ball machine" can provide numerous benefits, including enhancing problem-solving skills, fostering creativity and imagination, and improving hand-eye coordination. It can also be a fun and challenging project for individuals or groups to work on together.