1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

USB Controller

1. Nov 25, 2006 #1
    I was wondering how much would a USB controller cost in the USA, I'm looking for something simple but with a built in micro-controller, and if it could be shipped to outside the US?

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

We use a PIC18F4455 (sp?) for some of our internal R&D Lab projects because of the USB libraries that MicroChip has made available. Are you looking for a uC like that with USB libraries available, or are you looking for a uC module with built-in USB connector, etc? We use one of those as well.

4. Nov 28, 2006 #3
    actually the PIC18F4455 would be perfect, do you have any idea where I can get it.

5. Nov 28, 2006 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

You bet. Just go to www.findchips.com and do a search. Findchips is a great site for checking pricing and availability of chips and other electronic stuff. I got hits for the 18F4455 at Digikey and several other disti's listed at Findchips.

6. Nov 28, 2006 #5
    There is always Arduino; available at Spark Fun,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?