What are the values of Rf and V2 for the given circuit?

In summary, the speaker is asking for help with calculating the resistance Rf and voltage V2 in a circuit involving a logarithmic op amp and a differential op amp, with the given parameters of a diode's reverse saturation current, device factor, and operating temperature. They also ask for a closeup image of the circuit diagram and the problem statement to be typed out, as the attached image is difficult to read.
Aprtaenl

Homework Statement

Hello,

I am trying to Calculate The Resistance Rf and the value of the Voltage V2. The setup is a logarithmic Op amp connected to a differential Op amp. Both Op amps obey the Golden Rules.

Attached below is my attempt at the solution and the question.

Currently, I have an equation with three variables, and so i think i need potentially two more equations but do not know how to obtain these.

Any help would be appreciated

28907016_612090565801533_1525825119_n.jpg

Attachments

• 28907016_612090565801533_1525825119_n.jpg
    28907016_612090565801533_1525825119_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 274
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps you could provide a closeup image of the circuit diagram oriented in the correct way?

Edit: Also type out the problem statement. The text is all but unreadable in your image.

Likes berkeman
I'll try rotating it and enhancing the contrast a bit...

Forum Opamp Logamp Circuit 01.jpg

Attachments

• Forum Opamp Logamp Circuit 01.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 575
  • Forum Opamp Logamp Circuit 01.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 402
The text says

' In the Circuit below, the diode has a reverse saturation current Is= 10fA, a device factor n=1 and is operated at a temperature of 300K . Find values of resistance Rf and voltage V2 which will produce an output voltage.

Vout = ln (Vin)'

1. What is an Operational Amplifier (Op-Amp)?

An Operational Amplifier, also known as an Op-Amp, is an electronic circuit component that amplifies the input signal and produces an output signal that is a multiple of the input signal. It has two inputs, an inverting and non-inverting, and a single output. Op-Amps are commonly used in various electronic devices, such as audio amplifiers, sensors, and signal processing circuits.

2. How does an Op-Amp work?

An Op-Amp works by taking the difference between the input signals at its two inputs and amplifying it. The amplified output signal is then fed back to the negative input to maintain a stable output. This feedback mechanism allows an Op-Amp to have a very high gain, making it an ideal component for amplification purposes.

3. What are the key characteristics of an Op-Amp?

The key characteristics of an Op-Amp include high gain, high input impedance, low output impedance, and high common-mode rejection ratio (CMRR). High gain allows for efficient amplification, while high input impedance ensures that the Op-Amp does not draw too much current from the input source. Low output impedance allows for efficient and stable output signal delivery, while high CMRR ensures that the Op-Amp rejects any common-mode signals (signals that are present in both input signals).

4. What are the different types of Op-Amps?

There are three main types of Op-Amps: differential, instrumentation, and voltage-controlled current. Differential Op-Amps are the most common type and have two inputs, while instrumentation Op-Amps have multiple inputs and are used in precision measurement applications. Voltage-controlled current Op-Amps are used in applications where the output is a current instead of a voltage.

5. What are some common applications of Op-Amps?

Op-Amps have a wide range of applications in various fields, including audio and video amplification, signal processing, instrumentation and measurement, and control systems. They are also commonly used in active filters, oscillators, and voltage regulators. Additionally, Op-Amps are widely used in electronic devices such as computers, smartphones, and televisions.