What is the final temperate of the aluminum?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Aluminum Final
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Dave25
Messages
29
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Suppose 69.3 J of heat is added to a 121 g piece of aluminum at 22.5 C. What is the final temperate of the aluminum?

Homework Equations



Q = m c (T - T1) I think, but I am only given 1 temp.

The Attempt at a Solution



There are examples that are simialr in my book except they don't use a figure like 69.3 J. This is what is confusing me. If someone could tell me the equation I should use I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try looking up the specific heat of aluminum. This is the last piece of information that you'll need to solve the problem.

Your equation is correct.