What software was used to plot this diagram of morse potential

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
dkin
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I recently saw a very nice diagram of the morse potential on wikipedia

520px-Morse-potential.png


I am curious if anyone has any suggestions as to how this diagram was made? What software package was used? In particular how the actual morse curve was plotted.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
dkin said:
Hi all,

I recently saw a very nice diagram of the morse potential on wikipedia

520px-Morse-potential.png


I am curious if anyone has any suggestions as to how this diagram was made? What software package was used? In particular how the actual morse curve was plotted.

Well, if I were to make this plot, I would use R. It could do everything on the plot fairly easily, with the exception of the spring in the dumbbell. I would do that in a drawing program, and take a screen shot and embed it in the R plot.