What Type of Mirror Creates an Inverted, Real Image Half the Object's Size?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Phower Power
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
An object is placed 11 cm from a certain mirror. The image is half the height of the object, inverted, and real.


1/p+1/i=1/f



? Clueless because I don't know how to set up the equation int his kind of situation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi Phower Power! Welcome to PF! :smile:
Phower Power said:
… I don't know how to set up the equation int his kind of situation.

I don't get it …

I assume you do know how to set it up in some other situation? :confused:

Just do the same, and convert "The image is half the height of the object, inverted, and real" into an equation also.
 
Nm, I got it! =)

Ho/Hi = magnification

Then I plug it in! Thank you for the clues