Where to find challenging physics problems (besides textbook) ?

In summary, the speaker is currently taking a Calculus Based Physics course and has an exam coming up in a few days. They are seeking more challenging physics questions, as their teacher is known for putting difficult questions on exams. The exam will cover 1D and 2D Kinematics, including Vectors, Free-Fall, Constant acceleration problems, and Projectile motion. Some suggestions for more challenging questions include I.E Irodov and contest problems such as Physicsbowl, CAP High School Exam, and International Physics Olympiads.
mr.128
I'm currently taking a Calculus Based Physics course. We have an exam in a few days. Although I understand the material well and have performed many textbook problems, my teacher is known for putting challenging questions on the exams. My Prof. writes his own exams, so they are not based on the book. If anyone can guide me to more challenging physics questions, it would be greatly appreciated. This exam is going to cover 1D and 2D Kinematics: Vectors, Free-Fall, Constant acceleration problems, and Projectile motion.

For example: My prof. stated one challenging problem on the exam is going to be a free-fall kinematics problem which will combine for than one motion. Two separate motions will be involved: 1 Free-fall, and 1 constant acceleration.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried I.E Irodov?

How challenging do you want it? You can try contest problems (Physicsbowl, CAP High School Exam, International Physics Olympiads, etc.). Some of the questions on these exams shouldn't be significantly harder than your course material.

Related to Where to find challenging physics problems (besides textbook) ?

1. Where can I find challenging physics problems online?

There are many websites and online resources that offer challenging physics problems for practice and learning. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Physics Stack Exchange, and Physics World.

2. Are there any physics problem-solving apps or software available?

Yes, there are various physics problem-solving apps and software available for download on mobile devices and computers. Some examples include "Physics Toolbox Suite" and "Physics Solver."

3. Are there any physics competitions or challenges that offer challenging problems?

Yes, there are many physics competitions and challenges that provide challenging problems for participants. Some examples include the International Young Physicists' Tournament (IYPT) and the International Physics Olympiad (IPhO).

4. How can I find challenging physics problems in books or journals?

You can find challenging physics problems in books and journals by looking for advanced level textbooks or research papers in physics. You can also search for specific topics or areas of interest to find relevant problems.

5. Are there any physics workshops or seminars that focus on challenging problems?

Yes, there are physics workshops and seminars that specifically focus on challenging problems. These events are often organized by universities or professional organizations and provide an opportunity for participants to collaborate and solve difficult physics problems together.