Why is the Total Reaction Force Zero in My Ansys Hoop Analysis?

In summary, the problem is with a hoop that has a diameter of 550mm and a thickness of 7mm. There is a 1mm displacement from the upper face, resulting in a normal stress of 730Mpa. However, the total reaction force is only 0.0004N, which is too low. The material is structural steel and the issue is shown in an image. The poster believes the lack of replies may be due to being a non-native speaker, but has since realized that the total force should be zero for a hoop. The solution is to plot the results at a quarter of the face and multiply by four for accurate results.
mcan884
i am working on a hoop and its 550mm diameter, 7mm thickness. I applied 1mm displacement from its upper face which is normal to its direction.Stress is 730Mpa which is normal but the total reaction force is 0.0004N which is too low. where do i make the mistake.Material is structural steel.
problem is shown here.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/97873466.png/

Engineering news on Phys.org
it's weird there is no reply to my post.Maybe ıts because ı am not a native speaker and couldn't tell my problem.But at last I understand the problem. Total force approximates zero since its a hoop and total force should be zero.Each force vector has its negative at another node. when you plot the results at the quarter of the face and multiply it four times you get the true results.

Related to Why is the Total Reaction Force Zero in My Ansys Hoop Analysis?

1. What is Ansys force reaction problem?

Ansys force reaction problem is a type of analysis that is used to determine the forces and reactions that act on a structure or system in response to applied loads. It is commonly used in engineering and scientific fields to understand the behavior of materials and structures under different conditions.

2. How is Ansys force reaction problem solved?

Ansys force reaction problem is typically solved using a finite element analysis (FEA) method. This involves breaking down the structure into smaller elements and using mathematical equations to calculate the forces and reactions at each element. These results are then combined to provide a comprehensive understanding of the overall force and reaction distribution.

3. What types of problems can be solved using Ansys force reaction analysis?

Ansys force reaction analysis can be used to solve a wide range of problems, including structural analysis, thermal analysis, fluid dynamics, and electromagnetic simulations. It is commonly used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and construction to design and optimize various systems and structures.

4. What are the benefits of using Ansys force reaction analysis?

Ansys force reaction analysis offers several benefits, including accurate and detailed results, the ability to simulate complex systems, and the ability to optimize designs for improved performance and efficiency. It also allows for virtual testing, reducing the need for physical prototypes and saving time and resources.

5. Are there any limitations to Ansys force reaction analysis?

While Ansys force reaction analysis is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It relies on accurate input data and assumptions, and the results are only as good as the model created. It is also computationally intensive and may require specialized software and training to use effectively.