Window phone 8.1, folder cannot be monitored

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Window
In summary, the individual is experiencing difficulty in finding folders and their contents on their Windows phone 8.1, despite creating them for easier classification. They are wondering how to solve this problem. However, it is possible to make hidden folders visible in the Windows operating system.
mech-eng
Hi. I have a Windows phone 8.1 phone. There are predefined folder in the phone such as documents, musics videos ... But they are parent folder and when I create new folders under them and put some documentations in them for easy classification I cannot find these folders and the material in them. How can I solve this problem?

Not: I can do folder creation just from computer via micro usb.

Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

mech-eng said:
... I cannot find these folders and the material in them. How can I solve this problem?.

Folders can be hidden in the Windows operating system , usually for a good reason : to stop vital components from being tampered with.
Nevertheless you can make hidden folders visible ... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/show-hidden-files

What is the cause of the error "Folder cannot be monitored" on Windows phone 8.1?

The most common cause of this error is that the folder you are trying to monitor does not have appropriate permissions set for the app to access it.

How can I fix the error "Folder cannot be monitored" on Windows phone 8.1?

To fix this error, you will need to check the permissions for the folder and ensure that the app has the necessary access to it. You may also need to restart the app or the device after making any changes.

Can I monitor any folder on my Windows phone 8.1?

No, there are certain restrictions on which folders can be monitored by apps on Windows phone 8.1. For security reasons, the app can only monitor folders within its own isolated storage or public folders designated by the user.

Is there a limit to the number of folders that can be monitored on Windows phone 8.1?

Yes, there is a limit to the number of folders that an app can monitor on Windows phone 8.1. This limit is set by the operating system and varies depending on the device's storage capacity.

Can I monitor folders in the background on Windows phone 8.1?

Yes, it is possible to monitor folders in the background on Windows phone 8.1. However, the app must have permission to run in the background and the device must have enough resources to support background processes.