Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,781 replies · 460K views
Wordle 1,034 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,035 3/6*

🟨🟨🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Yes. I had to look up my second guess after I made it. I had no idea. :P

I guess that's what you call a very heuristic MO (and yes I know that's putting it in very flattering terms).
 
Wordle 1,037 4/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wow. According to Wordlebot, ≈1 in 7 people failed to solve todays puzzle. This is the worst failure rate since I started keeping track of such things.
 
Wordle 1,037 4/6

⬜🟦⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟧⬜🟧🟧
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

OmCheeto said:
Wow. According to Wordlebot, ≈1 in 7 people failed to solve todays puzzle. This is the worst failure rate since I started keeping track of such things.
I can see why. At guess 2 I matched 3 out of 5 letters. Then at guess 3 I was fortunate to find a word that eliminated 4 out of the 5 remaining possibilities.
 
kuruman said:
Wordle 1,037 4/6

⬜🟦⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟧⬜🟧🟧
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧


I can see why. At guess 2 I matched 3 out of 5 letters. Then at guess 3 I was fortunate to find a word that eliminated 4 out of the 5 remaining possibilities.
I strongly suspect many people playing do not have the idea of making a purely informational guess clear. It is in some ways counter intuitive and it may be very tempting to play self imposed hard mode even if that option is not selected.

Today’s word also being particularly vulnerable to hard mode …
 
kuruman said:
Wordle 1,037 4/6

⬜🟦⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟧⬜🟧🟧
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧


I can see why. At guess 2 I matched 3 out of 5 letters. Then at guess 3 I was fortunate to find a word that eliminated 4 out of the 5 remaining possibilities.

A penny for your process (or how the saying goes...). Your third guess intrigues me.

EDIT: I'm being rhetorical.
 
Orodruin said:
Today’s word also being particularly vulnerable to hard mode …

Then it must be my labyrinthine "heuristic" MO which saves me. :)

EDIT: Oh, and by labyrinthine I mean "meanderingly chaotic".
 
sbrothy said:
A penny for your process (or how the saying goes...). Your third guess intrigues me.
I will reconstruct and post the process after 48 hrs to make sure that I don't spoil today's puzzle for anyone.

You may deposit your penny, in bitcoin of course, in my Nigerian prince account. I will send details by PM.
 
gmax137 said:
Do we get six tries to guess your account number?
We can do better. You give me your account number and your bank's routing number and I will point out which numbers in yours match mine in the same place until you get them all. I will give you as many guesses as you need. :oldsmile:
 
Last edited: