Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
Wordle 1,138 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

No comment.
I don't think I've ever seen such a barren set for the first 4 tries. There should be a prize for that.
 
OmCheeto said:
I don't think I've ever seen such a barren set for the first 4 tries. There should be a prize for that.
Remind me to comment later on. There are quite a few remarks to be made ...
 
Wordle 1,138 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

fresh_42 said:
Remind me to comment later on. There are quite a few remarks to be made ...
Indeed.
 
OmCheeto said:
I don't think I've ever seen such a barren set for the first 4 tries. There should be a prize for that.
And ...
a) it was always the same letter that I had right, in all guesses 1-4
b) all other fields were pairwise distinct, i.e. no doubles, except for the one correct letter in 4
c) I ran out of letters in the alphabet! I was considering guesses in Cyrillic or Klingon!
d) the solution is an Italian pasta, not English <grrrghrr> - handicap 1
e) the solution is German slang for "school", not English <grrrghrr> <grrrghrr> - handicap 2
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII
It is just another word that is not in my 1984 American Heritage Dictionary. I never did pay much attention to how pasta was cut.
 
My third, and wrong, guess was even a homophone. On the English / Italian question, I'm not sure where to draw the line. A couple decades ago, spaghetti would be English but penne probably not.
 
Bad luck with this one, not on one but two guesses.

Wordle 1,140 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [OMBRE] 86 left
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© [AISLE] filter and possible answer: 8 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [VAUNT] filter - 2 left; Any of the other 6 words would have been found. :mad:
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© [GLADE] Looked better of the two ... not.
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [FLAKE] Good riddance - I dislike words with K.