Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,781 replies · 460K views
Wordle 1,143 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,143 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› [LEMUR] 4 left: ENSUE FUGUE ISSUE VOGUE
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [FUNGI] filter
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First time I have had an issue with my program. The suggested filters were VEGOS and VLOGS, obviously looking for words with the letters GOSV. Both of them would have never filtered properly. I may have to revise the method to define the best filter word.

Human intervention saved the day again.
 
Wordle 1,143 5/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
🟨🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sorry. I've had other stuff going on recently...
 
Wordle 1,145 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 177 left
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Guessing this was 99% luck as the global average was 4.6 today.
 
Wordle 1,145 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› [LATER] 32 left - suggested filter: HYMNS MYNAS
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [HYMNS] filter - 2 left: MACAW MAFIA
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Weird one. I feel like I cheated, yet I would most likely have got the same result if I didn't.

I saw the results of @fresh_42 and @Orodruin last night (for me). I noticed the first guess with few valid letters. I immediately thought there would be some rare letters in this word. Cannot unsee that.

I still tried to use a starter word that I would've picked anyway. For my 2nd guess, I was slightly attracted to MYNAS, but the H looked like a least occurring letter, so I went for it, influenced by what I knew. When stuck with the 2 words left, I knew the W was the letter I was looking for and chose that word. Without that previous knowledge, I would have gone for MAFIA and gotten it in 4.

The weird thing is if I followed my instinct and chose MYNAS, MACAW was the only possibility, and I would still have gotten it in 3.
 
Wordle 1,145 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

fresh_42 said:
I think the first three lines are a new record.
I feel ya!

OmCheeto said:
Guessing this was 99% luck as the global average was 4.6 today.
I was glad to get it in six!
jack action said:
I saw the results of @fresh_42 and @Orodruin last night (for me). I noticed the first guess with few valid letters. I immediately thought there would be some rare letters in this word. Cannot unsee that.
I really try not to look at this thread in the evening. I don't want any hints.
 
gmax137 said:
I don't want any hints.
And I personally dislike "x possibilities left" comments. I don't want to know who is cheating.
 
fresh_42 said:
I don't want to know who is cheating.
This is a single player game and we all play according to what makes it fun for us individually. Calling people cheaters because keeping track makes them enjoy the game more is a bit slanderous in my opinion.

If you do not want to do it personally that is one thing, but imposing those rules on others is not fair.
 
Orodruin said:
This is a single player game and we all play according to what makes it fun for us individually. Calling people cheaters because keeping track makes them enjoy the game more is a bit slanderous in my opinion.

If you do not want to do it personally that is one thing, but imposing those rules on others is not fair.
It is programming and a different version of the game in my opinion. The comment of "x possibilities left" translates to me as who has the better oracle tape for his TM. The word cheating in this context referred to improving probabilities by checking against external lists and was likely offensive, sorry. I'm cheating myself by looking up used solutions because I don't possess an eidetic memory and dictionaries to compensate for my lack of vocabulary - I'm happy that I remember the German word for a macaw. I expressed a personal opinion, that I don't like to be reminded of the fact that we all play to different rules. Everybody is free to have a different opinion and of course, can do whatever they want.

Sorry for this sloppy comment and for using the word cheat (December 02, 2021) instead of this longer explanation.

Wordle 1,146 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1,146 4/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜ Really?!
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, OmCheeto and fresh_42