Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,779 replies · 459K views
Wordle 1,187 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› [CROUP] 146 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [SLANT] filter - 13 left
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› [BUILD] possible answer + filter - 3 left: GULLY QUELL FULLY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [FULLY] filter + looked more legit

For my 3rd guess, my program suggested BEIGY as a filter word but I wanted to take a chance with a possible answer that was probable. It would have left me with FULLY and DULLY only. With this last choice, I might have chosen the wrong one and needed an extra step.

I also forgot the "ignore previous answers" again. :mad: Have I used it, I would still had it in 4: CROUP (78 left), UNSET (10 left), DAILY (1 left), FULLY.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,187 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2024-09-18 14-08-41.png



EDIT: I'm beginning to see the benefit of keeping track of used words...

EDIT2: Also, F would have been a better guess based on statistical occurrence I think. Definitely not P. Dunno what I was thinking there…
 
Last edited:
gmax137 said:
Wordle 1,187 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Wow. A lot of vacant spots! Well played. I especially like the penultimate one. It looks like it was there things kinda coalesced. :smile:
 
Wordle 1,188 4/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2024-09-19 14-50-01.png

One smooth operation. Almost no thinking in between guesses. Works best for me when I to leave it to the unconscious part of the brain. The "robot". But I guess that's true for most skill-driven things.
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,189 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› [BLAST] 81 left
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© [IRONE] filter - 2 left: SHOVE SMOKE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [SMOKE] most likely to be chosen by a human

Funny first guess but I guess there's a reason behind everything you do. :)
 
sbrothy said:
Funny first guess but I guess there's a reason behind everything you do. :)
The program "randomly" selects a word from the list of possible answers. This way, I try to get it in one guess. I say "randomly" because I ask the program to give me a word until it pleases my human eyes: a word most likely to be chosen by a human, with 5 different letters and, hopefully, all popular letters (vowels + RTSCLN).
 
jack action said:
The program "randomly" selects a word from the list of possible answers. This way, I try to get it in one guess. I say "randomly" because I ask the program to give me a word until it pleases my human eyes: a word most likely to be chosen by a human, with 5 different letters and, hopefully, all popular letters (vowels + RTSCLN).
One guess is pretty ambitious, but as we're exhausting the available words I'll wager you'll probably succeed! :biggrin:

EDIT: Heh, "pleases your human eyes". As if you've got a pair of cybernetic ones in your neck!
o0)

EDIT2: Wait, you're not a robot are you?! I'm sorry I said anything! o0)
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and jack action
Wordle 1,190 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A bit of luck there as I had 4 words to choose from on my third guess.
Wordle Bot told me after I played that one of those 4 words, SEMEN, had been removed from the list of valid solutions.

It mentioned about a month ago that WELCH had been removed from the list. Apparently it derives from the 'Welsh' people and is considered offensive.
 
Wordle 1,190 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› [DEITY] 50 left
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [RENAL] filter + possible answer - 3 left: BEGUN SEMEN SEVEN
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [SEVEN] filter + possible answer + most likely chosen by a human