Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,782 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,437 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© ARISE 6
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© PRUDE 1 : One of two perfect filters. Chosen with random number generator
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 1 437 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,437 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© ARISE 6
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ© PRUDE 1 : One of two perfect filters. Chosen with random number generator
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Wordle-twins!!!
 
No cheating of any kind this time, and yet:

Wordle 1,437 2/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Weeee! :cool:

Screenshot from 2025-05-26 19-23-04.webp
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: jack action, martinbn, OmCheeto and 1 other person
Should be obvious I didn't cheat, but you never know. But no, I didn't. :smile:

Wordle 1,438 4/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-05-27 17-18-29.webp

I'd actually be able to do better consulting the letter frequency table (and also heeding it). I'll come clean if I do it again.
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,438 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› [ARISE] 9 left: SHORT SLURP SPORT SPURN STORK STRUT SWRD SWORN TORUS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [SPORT] filter
How did you hit on the correct one immediately? Do you have a system for that too? I wouldn't be surprised mind. :smile:

EDIT: And I'm of course assuming SWRD is a typo.
 
sbrothy said:
How did you hit on the correct one immediately? Do you have a system for that too? I wouldn't be surprised mind. :smile:
It was the best filter (or one of the best?) out of the possible answers. My program actually suggested POUTY.

@Orodruin 's game most likely used the same strategy (except he actually calculates the probabilities for the filters, as I only do it for the seed word).
sbrothy said:
EDIT: And I'm of course assuming SWRD is a typo.
Yes. Corrected now, thank you.
 
jack action said:
@Orodruin 's game most likely used the same strategy (except he actually calculates the probabilities for the filters, as I only do it for the seed word).
Yes, it was the best filter among the remaining possibilities. I don’t remember if it was a tie or not.
 
ordle 1,439 2/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ RENAL 1 Yippie!
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, edwardII and sbrothy
Wordle 1,440 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› TREAD 75
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› LYSIN 9
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› SCAMP 1 : One of two perfect filters, other was SWAMP
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
That was.... eh, not pretty.

Wordle 1,440 6/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-05-29 11-39-22.webp
 
Wordle 1,440 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› [ARISE] 10 left: BLAST CHASM CLASP GASSY PALSY PANSY QUASH SLASH SPASM SWASH
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [LYMPH] filter - 2 left: QUASH SWASH
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [SWASH] most probable - 1 left - The choice between the two was very difficult.
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [QUASH]

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 81/52 - 60.9%/39.1%