Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:
Thanks! Your spoiler pointed out a bug in my software, as BONGO was NOT the best filter when I replayed your game: ARISE, MOUTH(?), BONGO
MOUTH indeed.
 
dwarde said:
:biggrin:

Wordle 1,426 2/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
If I PARSE your play correctly, it makes total sense that you got this in two, playing by the seat of your pants. Bravo! on being part of the 2%. πŸ‘

ps. Just checked and the global scores got worse.
More people failed to solve the puzzle than those getting it in 6. :frown:
7: 27%
6: 26%
the rest remained the same as mentioned above

Oh the humanity! :cry:
 
OmCheeto said:
If I PARSE your play correctly, it makes total sense that you got this in two, playing by the seat of your pants. Bravo! on being part of the 2%. πŸ‘

ps. Just checked and the global scores got worse.
More people failed to solve the puzzle than those getting it in 6. :frown:
7: 27%
6: 26%
the rest remained the same as mentioned above

Oh the humanity! :cry:
Probably because the list of remaining words keeps getting more obscure as worss are used up. While ”we” who use previous game information and information theory to solve it get it easier. Those who do not get it worse.
 
  • Skeptical
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and OmCheeto
I got so frustrated I cheated in the last guess. Sorry. :sorry:

Wordle 1,427 6/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


Screenshot from 2025-05-16 21-47-30.webp

Not my finest "work" lately.
 
Wordle 1 428 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another sheet slam dunk. Second guess was by far the best filter and only had a couple of degeneracies. The solution was not among the degeneracies.
 
OK, this is beginning to annoy me a little. Also, it's pretty sad.

Wordle 1,428 X/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

Screenshot from 2025-05-17 10-57-20.webp
 
Wordle 1,428 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 17 left
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› [CROUP] possible answer + filter - 3 left: BROOD DROWN GROWN
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [GROWN] most probable

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 80/48 - 62.5%/37.5%
 
sbrothy said:
OK, this is beginning to annoy me a little. Also, it's pretty sad.

Wordle 1,428 X/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

I feel your pain, :biggrin: I just got lucky with the sixth try. For me it is just another way to keep my brain working.
 
Ahaaa, changing my initial guess payed off, even though it wasn't a groundbreaking change. But there you have it. I'm back in the game! Don't know how I "deduced" that there were 2 i's in there, but my "heuristic approach coupled to my superiour intuition won the day. *cough*.

Wordle 1,429 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-05-18 10-26-27.webp
 
Wordle 1,429 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 107 left
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› [LINTY] filter - 3 left: LIPID LIMBO LIVID
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [LIVID] most probable

Forgot AGAIN to flip the switch for past answers, but I got lucky.

With the switch flipped, the first guess would have left 54 possible answers, the second guess would have been LYTED, leaving only 2 possible answers: LIPID and LIVID.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 81/48 - 62.8%/37.2%
 
Wordle 1,430 3/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was lucky. I guess it is an advantage to use only your head, then you don't get many possible words. On the third try I could only think of one word, but I am sure there were many others that fit.
 
Thought erroneously (only looked up letter frequency after failing, so this time I didn't cheat :smile: ) that W was more common than P . Ah well.

Wordle 1,430 5/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-05-19 11-54-59.webp
 
martinbn said:
Wordle 1,430 3/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was lucky. I guess it is an advantage to use only your head, then you don't get many possible words. On the third try I could only think of one word, but I am sure there were many others that fit.

I also jump right into it. But as I've shown in later posts I'm not above a little cheating. :cool:

EDIT: Oh, previous posts. Forgot where I was. Explains a lot doesn't it?
 
sbrothy said:
I also jump right into it. But as I've shown in later posts I'm not above a little cheating. :cool:
A few times I was down to one letter and couldn't think off any words that fit. So I just tried random letters for the missing one. If it makes no word it doesn't count it as a try. This way I've solved the puzzle in over ten tries, but it counts it as five or six.
 
martinbn said:
A few times I was down to one letter and couldn't think off any words that fit. So I just tried random letters for the missing one. If it makes no word it doesn't count it as a try. This way I've solved the puzzle in over ten tries, but it counts it as five or six.

Now you mention it. It's a funny dictionary, I think. I've met lot's of words I could've used in Scrabble (the official British one), and even words anyone would expect to be there, but nope.