Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Wordle 1,431 6/6*

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
ech

Screenshot from 2025-05-20 00-48-54.webp
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,430 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 54 left
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› [LYTED] filter - 3 left: MOTIF OPTIC PITCH
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› [MOTIF] most probable - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [PITCH]

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 81/49 - 62.3%/37.7%
 
Weird, I was going through the alphabet and it was the first word that fit. I thought it would be just a filter though.

Wordle 1,431 2/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: jack action, Orodruin, sbrothy and 2 others
jack action said:
(Success/Fail): 81/50 - 61.8%/38.2%
Has this number not been slipping lately? I remember the ratio significantly higher. πŸ€”

Can you get the stats for your 20 latest entries?
 
Wordle 1,432 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬› GLARE 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pure luck.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and edwardII
Orodruin said:
Has this number not been slipping lately? I remember the ratio significantly higher. πŸ€”

Can you get the stats for your 20 latest entries?
The first record was after 46 games (using the method), with a 73.9% success rate;
Then it reached after 76 games, a 61.8% success rate;
Then it went up after 102 games to a 65.7% success rate;
To finally come back after 131 games to a 61.8% success rate.

It seems to have remained relatively stable for the last 73 games (between 61.8% and 65.7%), although it is on a negative slope right now. However, it does get harder as fewer choices remain.
 
Wordle 1,433 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› LATER 53
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› MYSID 3
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ VIGIL 1 RNG
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
I'll admit to consulting the letter frequency table while playing (as you can see from the picture). So yeah, I cheated a little (and got lucky). Again. :cool:

Though why I guessed P before F I can't explain.

Wordle 1,433 3/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-05-22 14-59-54.webp
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,433 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› LATER 53
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› MYSID 3
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ VIGIL 1 RNG
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
OK, MYSID was pretty esoteric. Had to look that up.
 
dwarde said:
Good grief I threw everything in but the kitchen sink.
SINK is just 4 letters …
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Wordle 1,433 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [RAISE] New seed word!* 107 left
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [LINTY] filter - 4 left: FLUID FOLIO IGLOO PUPIL
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨ [PUPIL] most probable** - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [FOLIO]

* My list has changed radically today, and I'm not sure why. But I'm too lazy to investigate, and it looks legit, so I'm letting procrastination win.

** I was hesitating between IGLOO and PUPIL, but the former was not a good filter. I still chose to say I use the most-probable method as I wasn't expecting this answer at all.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 81/51 - 61.4%/38.6%
 
Wordle 1 434 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


jack action said:
* My list has changed radically today, and I'm not sure why. But I'm too lazy to investigate, and it looks legit, so I'm letting procrastination win.
It has always had a slightly better score, but it has already been used as a solution.
 
OK I didn't "cheat" this time but, given the eliminations in the first two guesses there weren't a lot of words left to choose from so I'm not sure it counts towards "wordle brilliance".

Although admittedly I was surprised myself.

Wordle 1,434 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-05-23 18-49-12.webp
 
Wordle 1,434 3/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

After the first word I was really sure I was lucky and will get it in two.
 
martinbn said:
Wordle 1,434 3/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

After the first word I was really sure I was lucky and will get it in two.
I had a similar feeling after the first 2 guesses. "I'm gonna get it in 3!"

...and lo and behold! :cool:
 
Wordle 1,434 4/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› [ARISE] 41 left
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬› [YOKUL] filter - 5 left: SHUCK SNUCK SPUNK STUCK SPUNK
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© [STUNK] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [SHUCK]

I have no clue what happened yesterday with my seed word list. It is back to "normal" today. According to @Orodruin , it looks like it went through the entire list of possible answers, but I don't understand why it did that.