Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,779 replies · 459K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Just couldn't see the solution even though it's virtually the only possible one.

Wordle 1,449 4/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-06-07 13-00-45.webp
 
Wordle 1,449 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [ARISE] 2 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [PURSE] most probable - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [REUSE]

I say most probable, but it was really a toss-up.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 81/54 - 60.0%/40.0%
 
Wordle 1,450 3/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› LAMER 5 : LEANT, LEAST, LEACH, LEASE, LEGAL
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬› LEAST 1 : perfect filter (= both a solution and leaves only 1 remaining if not)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Nutz , it was the first word that popped into my mind after my see word. ?:)

Wordle 1,452 5/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Don't know why I guessed ADMIN as we've recently had that word as the solution. Scatterbrained.

Wordle 1,453 3/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-06-11 14-01-45.webp
 
Wordle 1,453 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 10 left: CABIN CACTI CAVIL CLAIM MAFIA MANIC PIZZA PLAID PLAIN QUAIL
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨ [CLAMP] filter - 2 left: PLAID PLAIN
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [PLAID] most probable

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 83/54 - 60.6%/39.4%
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,454 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› STEAL 71
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› NIDOR 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

NIDOR was a new one for me. I bet that isn't used much in daily conversation, am I right? :smile:
 
sbrothy said:
NIDOR was a new one for me. I bet that isn't used much in daily conversation, am I right? :smile:
Never! It was mathematically the best choice, containing the 5 most numerous letters of the 71 words remaining after my first guess. Disregarding the one letter I got correct.

On a side note.
Sometimes I replay your guesses with my augmentation engaged. Without knowing it, you had also solved todays puzzle after your first two guesses.

sbrothy;
Wordle 1,454​
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› RADIO 82 left​
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ WINCE 1 left​

I thought that was amazing!
 
OmCheeto said:
On a side note.
Sometimes I replay your guesses with my augmentation engaged. Without knowing it, you had also solved todays puzzle after your first two guesses.

sbrothy;
Wordle 1,454​
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› RADIO 82 left​
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ WINCE 1 left​

I thought that was amazing!
I have 83 left, and 2 left (LIKEN and VIXEN).
 
Wordle 1,455 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› SIREN 6: BILGE(1), WIELD(1), EIGHT(2.6), LIEGE(1), DIODE(2.2), BIBLE(1)
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© LIEGE 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I don't think I've ever seen so many perfect choices before. 4 out of the 6 were either the solution or yielded the solution. I chose the 2nd word manually. Then, after I saw it was wrong, I typed '4' into my random number generator and it gave me the correct word. Drats!
 
I effed up using an already eliminated letter and the last, in retrospect obvious and only solution, took my me a lot of pondering:

Wordle 1,455 5/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-06-13 14-04-54.webp