Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,781 replies · 460K views
dwarde said:
Down to the last try and only one word left. ?:)

Wordle 1,470 6/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

We all have those days. :smile:

(EDIT: Cheating or not :wink: )
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,470 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› [ORATE]
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨ [SHUNT]
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› [STUCK]
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› [STUDY]
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [STUMP]

This one is not as usual as I played this one without checking previous solutions, AND as in hard mode. I thought I was playing on another site. :doh:(I play 3 different Wordle games every day on 3 different sites.)

But played correctly, I would not have been much better, in 4 or 5 guesses. (Hard to tell which one I would have picked between the last two once you know the answer.)
 
No cheating.

Wordle 1,471 4/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Capture.webp
 
Last edited:
Wordle 1.472 3/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got a little help from my program:

After second guess: ./main -l5 -w./csw.txt '[^rtoadf]lin[^rtoadf]'.

./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:150:150771][info]: [match=BLING]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:150:150786][info]: [match=BLINI]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:150:150796][info]: [match=BLINK]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:150:150805][info]: [match=BLINS]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:150:150820][info]: [match=BLINY]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:151:151248][info]: [match=CLINE]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:151:151269][info]: [match=CLING]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:151:151281][info]: [match=CLINK]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:153:153527][info]: [match=PLING]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:153:153550][info]: [match=PLINK]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:154:154214][info]: [match=SLING]
[./MAIN][worddata.hpp:134][2313114][Mon:30:06:2025][11:22:35:154:154233][info]: [match=SLINK]

Still, lucky guess.

Screenshot from 2025-06-30 11-21-48.webp

I added dictionary lookup:

./main -l5 -d -w./csw.txt 'blink'

[./MAIN][main.cpp:209][4092636][Mon:30:06:2025][11:26:56:625:625889][info]: WORD: [BLINK]: DEFINITION: [[{"word":"blink","phonetic":"/blΙͺΕ‹k/","phonetics":[{"text":"/blΙͺΕ‹k/","audio":"https://api.dictionaryapi.dev/media/pronunciations/en/blink-uk.mp3","sourceUrl":"https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=86872709","license":{"name":"BY-SA 4.0","url":"https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0"}}],"meanings":[{"partOfSpeech":"noun","definitions":[{"definition":"The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"A glimpse or glance.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"Gleam; glimmer; sparkle","synonyms":[],"antonyms": []},{"definition":"The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"(in the plural) Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]}],"synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"partOfSpeech":"verb","definitions":[{"definition":"To close and reopen both eyes quickly.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[],"example":"The loser in the staring game is the person who blinks first."},{"definition":"To flash on and off at regular intervals.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[],"example":"The blinking text on the screen was distracting."},{"definition":"To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[],"example":"to blink the question"},{"definition":"To trick; to deceive.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]},{"definition":"To teleport, mostly for short distances.","synonyms":[],"antonyms":[]}],"synonyms":["nictitate"],"antonyms":[]}],"license":{"name":"CC BY-SA 3.0","url":"https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0"},"sourceUrls":["https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/blink"]}]

EDIT: I may need a project besides this. :wink:
 
Last edited:
sbrothy said:
...

EDIT: I may need a project besides this. :wink:
Figure out the most probable words that were dwarde's first three guesses:

dwarde said:
Wordle 1,472 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'll give you 10 seconds to think about it.... and.... GO!

If that's too difficult, just guess guess #1 and the yellow letter from guess #2. (that's as far as I've gotten)
 
Wordle 1,473 2/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› TENOR 39
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yippie!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and edwardII
Again no cheating, although I've improved my program further. It's like playing with LEGO for grownups (YMMV)

Wordle 1.473 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-01 15-18-38.webp
 
OmCheeto said:
Figure out the most probable words that were dwarde's first three guesses:


I'll give you 10 seconds to think about it.... and.... GO!

If that's too difficult, just guess guess #1 and the yellow letter from guess #2. (that's as far as I've gotten)
His process is completely opaque to me. :smile:
 
Wordle 1,473 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [ARISE] 167 left
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [LOUSY] filter - 11 left: COYLY DOLLY FOLLY GOLY GOLLY HOLLY HOTLY JOLLY MOLDY NOBLY WOOLY
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› [DOUGH] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [MOLDY]

As I said in previous posts, I play other Wordle-like games. Today, in squareword - like 5 Wordle games at the same time with the same guesses - I found the 5 words in 5 guesses! Since I always use the same seed word, I'm not expecting this to happen very often.

squareword.org 1247: 5 guesses

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

<6:🟩 <11:🟨 <16:🟧 16+:πŸŸ₯
#squareword #squareword1247
 
Wordle 1,474 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 9 left: DIRTY GIRLY INCUR LURID LYRIC MINOR MIRTH RIGID RIGOR
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [GODLY] filter - 2 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [MIRTH] most probable
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [INCUR]

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 85/56 - 60.3%/39.7%
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,474 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 9 left: DIRTY GIRLY INCUR LURID LYRIC MINOR MIRTH RIGID RIGOR
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [GODLY] filter - 2 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› [MIRTH] most probable
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [INCUR]

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 85/56 - 60.3%/39.7%
Sorry to laugh, but the remaining words after your first guess, rearranged in my wonderfully lysdexic mind, remind me a song from Elton John's 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'.
 
Wordle 1,475 3/6

πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› PALER 18
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› OUGHT 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That first letter in the first guess was very fortuitous. The global average today is 4.9.
Even Wordlebot didn't get it until its fifth try.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and edwardII
Had a little luck here/ there were still a few words left that fit.

Wordle 1,475 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,475 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [ARISE] 64 left
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [LOUSY] filter - 9 left: BOBBY DODGY DOWDY DWNY MOODY POPPY TODDY WOODY WOOZY
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [DOWDY] filter - possible solution - 2 left: BOBBY POPPY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [POPPY] most probable

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 86/56 - 60.6%/39.4%
 
No help. Pure "heuristics". :smile:

Guess #2 was, I admit, pretty cheeky. In fact it was like one specific game of online Scrabble where I almost scared my opponent by almost only writing words like RAPE, MURDER, STALKING etc... Not my fault though. The letters just landed like that in my rack.

Wordle 1.476 4/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-04 14-19-47.webp
 
Wordle 1,476 2/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [ARISE] 3 left: CURVE OMBRE PUREE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [CURVE] most probable

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 87/56 - 60.8%/39.2%
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and edwardII
Wordle 1,477 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© TAMER 32
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› GLEYS 2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 This was my seed scheduled for tomorrow!
 
So, I added to my program the functionality of determining, of all the possible words, the one containing the most frequent letters as they are used in the English language. Although it succeeded in the end I have a feeling guessing would have been more efficient (read: luckier).

EDIT: So yeah. Writing the program is fun (YMMV) but actually using it to cheat doesn't seem to help at all. I'm better off guessing.

(After guessing EATER).
./main -l5 -w./csw.txt '^[qyupafghjklzxcvbm]{1}a[qyupafghjklzxcvbm]{1}er$'
[match=BAKER]
[match=BALER]
[match=BAYER]
[match=CABER]
[match=CAGER]
[match=CAPER]
[match=CAVER]
[match=FACER]
[match=FAKER]
[match=FAVER]
[match=FAYER]
[match=GAGER]
[match=GAMER]
[match=GAPER]
[match=GAYER]
[match=GAZER]
[match=HALER]
[match=HAVER]
[match=HAYER]
[match=HAZER]
[match=JAGER]
[match=JAKER]
[match=JAPER]
[match=LACER]
[match=LAGER]
[match=LAKER]
[match=LAMER]
[match=LAVER]
[match=LAXER]
[match=LAYER]
[match=MACER]
[match=MAKER]
[match=MAZER]
[match=PACER]
[match=PAGER]
[match=PALER]
[match=PAPER]
[match=PAVER]
[match=PAYER]
[match=VAPER]
[match=YAGER]
41 total matches as per regex.
41 total matches as per specified length.
Word containing most frequent letters: [HALER]. Overall letter frequency: 27

Wordle 1.477 6/6*

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-05 14-44-38.webp
 
Last edited:
The fact that I was guessing is obvious. Ironically I worked on local farms as a teen doing a lot of this with dried out alfalfa. ?:)

Wordle 1,477 6/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and sbrothy