Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
My usual fishing expedition :cool:

Wordle 1,485 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No cheating obviously. Some pretty stupid guesses though.

Wordle 1.486 6/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-14 12-41-40.webp
 
Wordle 1,488 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Todays word is one not on the original list. I consider it an oddball, as I don't even know how to use it in a sentence. I guess that's somewhat reflected in todays global mean: 4.591
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,488 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Todays word is one not on the original list. I consider it an oddball, as I don't even know how to use it in a sentence. I guess that's somewhat reflected in todays global mean: 4.591

Me thinks you're exaggerating:

Competing with you guys makes feel me nervy and on edge!

:woot:
 
Thanks Omcheeto , Along with eliminating letters I looked for an oddball word.

Wordle 1,488 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Didn't know this word existed (like I just realised this thread existed), but oh well, I got it in the end:

Wordle 1,488 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
Wordle 1,489 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› AROSE 16 left
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© TONAL 2 left, Orodruin method
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© VOCAL 1 left, Coin flip
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
No cheating, but I think I nailed it:

Wordle 1.489 3/6*

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

On a new phone. Haven’t figured out how to take screenshots yet… I’ll post it later….

EDIT: It's later now and I'm home:

Screenshot from 2025-07-17 12-56-35.webp

EDIT2: Isn't it kind of demoralizing that a foreigner sometimes beat you? :woot:
EDIT3: Without using any tools or help at all?! Not even a coin flip! :cool:
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and OmCheeto
I had to save the honor of the tool guys:

Wordle 1,489 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› [ARISE] 54 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [CLINT] filter - 5 left: BYLAW DALLY GAYLY LOAMY MODAL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [MODAL] filter
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, OmCheeto, sbrothy and 1 other person
HOW?! Here's mine...

Wordle 1,489 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
TensorCalculus said:
HOW?! Here's mine...

Wordle 1,489 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
At least you got it! :) The thread is so long no one can blame you for not realizing how much potential for cheating there is. I think we're all a little guilty, but it usually turns out that cheating is more hassle than it's worth. My approach is heuristic (read: guessing), when I'm not vainly trying to cheat with the several thousand lines of C++ I wrote for this singular purpose!

We're a "sad" bunch of nerds but we're having fun (YMMV)! :woot:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, Beyond3D and TensorCalculus
sbrothy said:
At least you got it! :) The thread is so long no one can blame you for not realizing how much potential for cheating there is. I think we're all a little guilty, but it usually turns out that cheating is more hassle than it's worth. My approach is heuristic (read: guessing), when I'm not vainly trying to cheat with the several thousand lines of C++ I wrote for this singular purpose!

We're a "sad" bunch of nerds but we're having fun (YMMV)! :woot:
Oh my god: several thousand lines of C++ to cheat on wordle?! I have to admit, I have quite a lot of respect for that, it's really cool! I swear you can just right click inspect and do a bit of digging to find an entire list of all the wordle words forever hardcoded into the site though? Or did they get rid of that? A friends of mine tried it a while ago, but cheating ruins the fun!!! (Until, you get to the point where you are writing thousands of lines of c++, at which point, trying to figure out how to cheat is the fun)

Don't worry - I have been called a "sad" nerd while having fun enough times to not have that opinion XD
 
fresh_42 said:
This thread is for all who like the daily Wordle game of the New York Times as much as I do.

The rules:

1) https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
2) Post your result.
3) Do not spoil the answer.
Used a pretty nifty system to get the answer (if requested I will make a thread on it, pro tip start off with "ADIEU" as it covers 1 consonant and 4 vowels)

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
I tend to use crane, pilot, mushy but I do mix it up sometimes just because the same thing every day gets a bit boring :)
 
TensorCalculus said:
I tend to use crane, pilot, mushy but I do mix it up sometimes just because the same thing every day gets a bit boring :)
I hear ya. I don’t participate everyday. (Especially not on the days where I fail completely :smile: )
 
sbrothy said:
EDIT2: Isn't it kind of demoralizing that a foreigner sometimes beat you? :woot:
EDIT3: Without using any tools or help at all?! Not even a coin flip! :cool:
But coin flipping is exactly how you beat us! I found it fascinating that it happens so often. Didn't I post a while back how often? I believe is was about 20% of the time.
 
OmCheeto said:
But coin flipping is exactly how you beat us! I found it fascinating that it happens so often. Didn't I post a while back how often? I believe is was about 20% of the time.

Yeah well, I was of course joking. OTOH sometimes I make some completely scatterbrained guesses only a non-native speaker would make, so I think it more or less averages out in the end. :smile:

EDIT: And my written English may look pretty but if you heard my Danglish, acccentuating the wrong syllables of common words, you'd probably cringe.

EDIT2: Hah. I like this one:

"Can I borrow the toilet?" ("May I use the toilet?")
 
Beyond3D said:
Used a pretty nifty system to get the answer (if requested I will make a thread on it, pro tip start off with "ADIEU" as it covers 1 consonant and 4 vowels)
You may be interested in this post.

sbrothy said:
I hear ya. I don’t participate everyday. (Especially not on the days where I fail completely :smile: )
Not showing your work when you are failing? Wouldn't that fall under the "cheating" category? :wink:
 
Well, ouch, yeah. Then again you never know when I'm being sarcastic. :wink:
 
Made a stupid in guess #2, but I'm still pretty satisfied with the result:

Wordle 1.490 4/6*

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-18 00-25-10.webp

EDIT: Although I admit I had to look up LORIS after I successfully guessed it. It couldn't be much else though. Not with my "limited" vocabulary.
 
Wordle 1,490 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬› PARSE 3 left + 6 previous = 9 total. Wordlebot says there are 13.
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© TORUS 0 left + 0 previous = 0 total. Wordlebot says there is 1.
The long list has 38 to choose from.
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ© WORKS 0 left. 35 left on the long list. I start sweating....
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 Phew!

sbrothy said:
EDIT: Although I admit I had to look up LORIS after I successfully guessed it. It couldn't be much else though. Not with my "limited" vocabulary.
I had to look it up also. Mainly I think because I mixed it up with Dr. Seuss's Lorax.
If you were to put 'slow' in front of it, I would have recognized it. Odd how my brain works sometimes.

ps. Not sure if anyone else noticed, but Wordlebot switched back to using SLATE as its seed word yesterday. It had been using CRANE for quite some time.
 
sbrothy said:
I hear ya. I don’t participate everyday. (Especially not on the days where I fail completely :smile: )
You should try everyday!! For fun :)
Here's mine, using my usual starting words:
Wordle 1,490 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩