Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
dwarde said:
Wordle 1,477 6/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
OK, so I'm not the only one who struggled a little.... That's a comfort. :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
dwarde said:
The fact that I was guessing is obvious. Ironically I worked on local farms as a teen doing a lot of this with dried out alfalfa. ?:)

Wordle 1,477 6/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩d
Funny. I just got back from my current bff's house where we were discussing 'harvesting'. She's a bit of a 'silver spooner' and I'm sure she only harvested 'for fun' as a child, as her family has owned thousands of acres of farmland in Kansas for generations. Whilst I was the son of an immigrant pauper and told her the worst is harvesting broccoli. I lasted one day.

Btw, the [something][vowel][something][E][R] pattern is so common, it accounts for half of global scores worse than 5.
 
Wordle 1,477 4/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ [ARISE] 25 left
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [LATER] filter + possible answer - 2 left: BALER PALER
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [PALER] most probable
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [BALER]

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 87/57 - 60.4%/39.6%
 
Wordle 1,478 2/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ AIDER 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Boring!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and sbrothy
OK. This time cheating really payed off!

sbrothy@PAULINE:~/cheat/cheat/1/wordle-regex-code$./main -l5 -w./csw.txt '^a[^ue]+r[^ue]*i+[^uie]+$'
11 total matches as per regex.
11 total matches as per specified length.
[WORD=ABRIM][FREQ=45]
[WORD=ABRIN][FREQ=37]
[WORD=ABRIS][FREQ=38]
[WORD=ACRID][FREQ=34]
[WORD=AFRIT][FREQ=28]
[WORD=AGRIA][FREQ=32]
[WORD=AGRIN][FREQ=35]
[WORD=AMRIT][FREQ=27]
[WORD=ARRIS][FREQ=26]
[WORD=ATRIA][FREQ=16]
[WORD=ATRIP][FREQ=32]
Word containing most frquent letters: [ATRIA]. Overall letter frequency: 16
sbrothy@PAULINE:~/cheat/cheat/1/wordle-regex-code$

Wordle 1.478 2/6*

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-06 13-20-01.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and OmCheeto
Funny thing is I didn't know ATRIA was plural of ATRIUM, so without cheating I would have been effed. :smile:
 
Wordle 1,479 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› LAMER 55
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© GUILT 2
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© DRATS! 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,479 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› LAMER 55
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© GUILT 2
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© DRATS! 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I like your exclamation point after your 3rd guess. :)

Really vents your frustration! :P
 
Tried to cheat but in the end the regex became too convoluted and I just guessed. Correctly, as it were:

Wordle 1.480 3/6*

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-08 00-59-57.webp
 
Like digging something out of the bottom of a closet. ?:)

Wordle 1,480 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: sbrothy and OmCheeto
I had that same feeling with this one. Or rather the feeling of digging something up from a swamp. I even tried to cheat but my regex-fu just isn't up to the task. Good training though. Although for what I have no idea. Also, perhaps I shouldn't follow it's suggestions quite so slavishly. I mean COOEE (?!), TOTES and NOMEN? What was I thinking there?

Wordle 1.481 6/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-07-09 14-16-00.webp
 
Wordle 1,482 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ STEAL 105
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬› YOURN 9
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ BEDIM 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tough one today. Globally, this is the 5th most difficult word since I started keeping track around game #700.
10% of players did not solve it.
Most players solved it in 6 tries.
The average was 5.3
Hint that might help solve the puzzle: According to my ranking system, this was the worst seed word with 5 unique letters.
 
In hindsight this is pretty stupid but I just realized I can ask ChatGPT to write the regular expressions for me. Duh! It does so without error and explains what it does in details too.

Double duh!

EDIT: Thinking further about it I could probably just have asked it to write the entire program. (Or even just have asked it to solve the Wordle puzzle itself.) Now talk about cheating!

EDIT2: But then again what would be the point?
 
Last edited:
sbrothy said:
In hindsight this is pretty stupid but I just realized I can ask ChatGPT to write the regular expressions for me. Duh! It does so without error and explains what it does in details too.

Double duh!

EDIT: Thinking further about it I could probably just have asked it to write the entire program. (Or even just have asked it to solve the Wordle puzzle itself.) Now talk about cheating!
Too much technology can "take the fun out of things" so to speak or even ruin them entirely. A few years back I posted on this forum using the name edward and we played a game called "name that landmark' where someone would post a photo of a landmark and others would try to search the web and find it. That all ended when google image search became available.
 
dwarde said:
Too much technology can "take the fun out of things" so to speak or even ruin them entirely. A few years back I posted on this forum using the name edward and we played a game called "name that landmark' where someone would post a photo of a landmark and others would try to search the web and find it. That all ended when google image search became available.
That's why I edited my post with "EDIT2: But then again what would be the point?!"

:woot:
 
dwarde said:
Too much technology can "take the fun out of things" so to speak or even ruin them entirely. A few years back I posted on this forum using the name edward and we played a game called "name that landmark' where someone would post a photo of a landmark and others would try to search the web and find it. That all ended when google image search became available.
And I thought the reason you disappeared was because you had dropped dead.
Welcome back old friend!

ps. I agree about the technology stuff. All of the techno-wordle crap that I use is of my own invention. To borrow or steal other people's software is just....... wrong.