Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
Physics news on Phys.org
scottdave said:
Can you explain what you mean by cheated?
In this case it was based on the pattern of your last two rows:
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Sorting the list of words by the matching letters and eliminating all words that don't have a match eliminated 1700 out of the 2300 words in the list.

In the snippet below, ARDOR, ARMOR, and ARBOR match when you ignore the middle letter.
Matches are counted in column J. But I would eliminate ARDOR with a filter there so I have to reverse the logic in column K to capture all three, and then filter for '1'.

I also filter out the previously played words that I keep track of in column B. But that's just my standard computer augmentation that I use every day. This reduced this games possible solution words to 440.

The fact that I used the same seed word for both plays makes this an interesting puzzle. Why did reducing the list from 2300 to 440 words yield a worse result?

BCDEFGHIJK
1
0​
a​
r​
r​
a​
y​
1​
aray​
11
2
241​
a​
r​
o​
m​
a​
1​
arma​
11
3
0​
a​
r​
e​
n​
a​
1​
arna​
11
4
0​
a​
r​
s​
o​
n​
1​
aron​
11
5
0​
a​
r​
d​
o​
r​
aror​
13
6
0​
a​
r​
m​
o​
r​
aror​
23
7
615​
a​
r​
b​
o​
r​
aror​
33
8
0​
a​
r​
r​
o​
w​
1​
arow​
11
 
sbrothy said:
Wordle 783 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A big HELLO from Denmark.
And I can't get Lionel Richie out of my head ever since ...
 
Wordle 784 5/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeh, I'm not too proud either. I mean WRICK? I might as well've guessed PRI... No, QUICK it sure wasn't.
 
Wordle 786 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Man that was dumb. I made the same guess twice in a row!
 
sbrothy said:
Wordle 786 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Man that was dumb. I made the same guess twice in a row!
I laughed because I know what you mean.