Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
fresh_42 said:

And I'm not sure I consider this word Engish. I know a German meaning and an Italian meaning, but no English.

wow, those two meanings are quite different! As far as english goes, this is one of those "stolen" words, in this case from italian. Probably quite rare 40 years ago, common now due to the "coffee culture."
 
Physics news on Phys.org
gmax137 said:
wow, those two meanings are quite different! As far as english goes, this is one of those "stolen" words, in this case from italian. Probably quite rare 40 years ago, common now due to the "coffee culture."

Yes, but it made it so hard for me as a non-native speaker. I simply do not associate it with English.
 
Wordle 697 2/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩lucky
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩50/50 EDIT: 33/33/33
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: scottdave, OmCheeto and fresh_42
Wordle 698 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Similar to, and yet different from:
fresh_42 said:
Wordle 698 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Atque obiter puto delendum divisionem.

Yes, yes you do. Lol. Nice.