Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,782 replies · 461K views
Physics news on Phys.org
sbrothy said:
Wordle 935 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Interesting. So ”hard mode” only cares about yellows and greens. You are free to make guesses you know to be false as long as you obey those …
 
Orodruin said:
Interesting. So ”hard mode” only cares about yellows and greens. You are free to make guesses you know to be false as long as you obey those …
Once a letter is placed correctly I cant place it any other place. And I can't leave out a letter that is in there but placed incorrectly.

Basically, it just keeps me from doing some stupid stuff.

I can still eff up though. :PNo wait.... That actually didnt make sense....

Yes. Yes it did.

Got confused there for a sec.

For instance I absentmindedly used the letter O twice. Not very smart as it had been eliminated. I'd expect "Hard Mode" would prevent me from doing that, but obviously not.
 
Last edited:
sbrothy said:
Once a letter is placed correctly I cant place it any other place. And I can't leave out a letter that is in there but placed incorrectly.

Basically, it just keeps me from doing some stupid stuff.

I can still eff up though. :PNo wait.... That actually didnt make sense....

Yes. Yes it did.

Got confused there for a sec.

For instance I absentmindedly used the letter O twice. Not very smart as it had been eliminated. I'd expect "Hard Mode" would prevent me from doing that, but obviously not.
Yea, my ”beef” with ”hard” mode is that it can actually stop you from securing a win if you have a ”lucky” guess early on. Simply by virtue of not allowing you to ensure enough information gain at each guess.
 
Wordle 935 6/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Line 3 was a mistake (the 5th letter couldn't have been correct because it was the 5th letter in line 2, so @Orodruin is correct - hard mode doesn't prevent you from making that kind of mistake). I knew line 5 had to be wrong but I needed more clues. :)
 
Wordle 936 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟦
⬜🟧⬜⬜⬜
🟧⬜⬜⬜🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
Mister T said:
hard mode doesn't prevent you from making that kind of mistake). I knew line 5 had to be wrong but I needed more clues
That's not hard mode, it's sadistic mode.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino
Wordle 937 2/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Weee! :)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Herman Trivilino, OmCheeto and fresh_42
Wordle 938 2/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm on a real roll here.... :)
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and fresh_42