Would it hurt to memorize the trig ident in the paint doc?I am

• Thread starter Miike012
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paint Trig
As for important integrals, I suggest checking out any calculus textbook or online resource.In summary, the conversation discusses the benefits of memorizing trigonometric identities for integration and the request for a link to important integrals. The speaker suggests that only the identities for sin2(θ) and cos2(θ) are necessary to memorize, while the rest can be derived. They also recommend consulting a calculus textbook or online resource for important integrals.
Miike012
Would it hurt to memorize the trig ident in the paint doc?
I am thinking if I do it will save me some time in the long run with integrating.

Also, I know I've asked this question before but I can't seem to find my old post... can some one send me a link of important integrals to know, (not the common ones you can find in a book.)

Attachments

• trig ident.jpg
    trig ident.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 268
Physics news on Phys.org

Miike012 said:
Would it hurt to memorize the trig ident in the paint doc?
I am thinking if I do it will save me some time in the long run with integrating.

Also, I know I've asked this question before but I can't seem to find my old post... can some one send me a link of important integrals to know, (not the common ones you can find in a book.)

IMO, the only identities worth memorizing are the two for sin2(θ) and cos2(θ). The others can be derived from these two, if needed.

1. Would memorizing trigonometric identities be painful?

No, memorizing trigonometric identities does not involve any physical pain. It may require some mental effort and practice, but it should not cause any discomfort.

2. Is it necessary to memorize trigonometric identities?

It is not necessary to memorize all trigonometric identities, as most can be derived using basic trigonometric principles. However, having a few key identities memorized can make solving trigonometric problems easier and quicker.

3. How long does it take to memorize trigonometric identities?

The time it takes to memorize trigonometric identities varies from person to person. Some may be able to memorize them quickly, while others may need more time and practice. It also depends on the number of identities you are trying to memorize.

4. Are there any tips for memorizing trigonometric identities?

One tip for memorizing trigonometric identities is to understand the underlying concepts and patterns behind them. This can make them easier to remember and apply. Additionally, practicing and using them regularly can also help with memorization.

5. Can I use a reference or cheat sheet for trigonometric identities instead of memorizing them?

Yes, you can use a reference or cheat sheet for trigonometric identities if you do not want to memorize them. However, it may be more efficient to have a few key identities memorized for quick problem-solving, rather than constantly having to refer to a sheet.