1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

5 SHM Problems i can't get HELP!

1. Sep 25, 2012 #1
    5 SHM Problems i can't get :( HELP!

http://imageshack.us/a/img201/3924/sadv.png [Broken]

Okay so these are the last 5 problems that I'm stuck on... I've tried a lot and no success, if anyone can please show me the work on how to get them... I've tried all 4 and will explain what I did

1) I found the mass easily but do not know where to go from here....

2) This is my work and it was wrong
    0.8kg (m) x 9.8m/s^2 (g) = F
    7.84N = F
    -----------------------------
    F = kx
    7.84N = 20N/m × x
    7.84/20 = x
    0.392 = x

3) I found A-max using A-max = w^2
    Plugged that into the equation Acceleration = - Aw^2 sin (wt + ∅) to find t.
    Then plugged t into X = Asin(wt+∅) to find it's position... both of which were incorrect

4) I found the positions successfully.. tried to plug those values into the given equation to
    find time and no luck...

5) I'm not yet 100% with pendolums so i'll do a little more studying on this one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any help on these would be greatly appreciated thank you all :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2012 #2

SammyS

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: 5 SHM Problems i can't get :( HELP!

Hello gf_24. Welcome to PF !

Please include at most, two questions/problems per post. (See the rules for this Forum.)

4. Sep 25, 2012 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Re: 5 SHM Problems i can't get :( HELP!

Let's do questions (1) and (2) in this thread. Please create another thread for the other questions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook