A circuit of four elements. Which are in series and which are in parallel?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
siylence
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I basically have this diagram:
[PLAIN]http://www.tinyimg.org/images/595physic144.png

The problem asks "which of the elements are in series and which of the elements are in parallel?"

I WANT to say that they are ALL in parallel with each other and none are in series, but I've never seen anything like that before. I tried re-shaping the diagram and I got this:

[PLAIN]http://www.tinyimg.org/images/550physic144attempt.png

Am I wrong about this, because that looks like they're all in parallel to me?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
siylence said:
I basically have this diagram:
[PLAIN]http://www.tinyimg.org/images/595physic144.png

The problem asks "which of the elements are in series and which of the elements are in parallel?"

I WANT to say that they are ALL in parallel with each other and none are in series, but I've never seen anything like that before. I tried re-shaping the diagram and I got this:

[PLAIN]http://www.tinyimg.org/images/550physic144attempt.png

Am I wrong about this, because that looks like they're all in parallel to me?

That's the answer I would give. The short circuit path around the outside pretty much removes and "series" paths that I can see.

Welcome to the PF, BTW.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking.

And thank you, I plan on being active in the forums.