Attention JasonRox: Success! Got Girl's Number After 2 Semesters

• Thread starter Chrono
  • Start date
In summary: Thankfully, I'm not that top-heavy. I don't have to worry about accidentally tipping over. :tongue:Hey Chrono - I am just thrilled to hear this. See, I told you there were some gals out there with good taste in men. o:)Chrono, I know you're probably wondering what happened to my Valentine's chocolate. I'm guessing you don't remember. Well, I gave it to Smurf.
Chrono
...and anybody else who may be interested once they read what's happened (like you Evo and MIH).

I finally got a girl's number (after two semesters of asking) and at first we were just text messaging each other but tonight we actually were on the phone. By the way, that lasted over an hour. I did ask her out the other day and she said "we'll see". I was thinking that I should just talk to her as much as possible until the weekend after exams and ask her out again. Wish me luck!

Physics news on Phys.org
Chrono said:
...and anybody else who may be interested once they read what's happened (like you Evo and MIH).

I finally got a girl's number (after two semesters of asking) and at first we were just text messaging each other but tonight we actually were on the phone. By the way, that lasted over an hour. I did ask her out the other day and she said "we'll see". I was thinking that I should just talk to her as much as possible until the weekend after exams and ask her out again. Wish me luck!
Yay Chrono!

She's single, right? Not on the rebound?

An hour is SPECIAL! :approve: Being able to talk for that long is awesome!

Remain calm. Be yourself. And let us know what happens!

Break a leg! :-p

Chrono said:
I did ask her out the other day and she said "we'll see". I was thinking that I should just talk to her as much as possible until the weekend after exams and ask her out again. Wish me luck!

"We'll see" is womanese for...no

Good luck

Last edited:
Evo said:
She's single, right? Not on the rebound?

Yes! For being single, not on the rebound. I asked if she had a boyfriend and she said "no".

Let's just hope I don't jinx it this time by telling y'all on here like this. The other times I did and it didn't end up good...if you remember.

Last edited:
I wish you the best, I know its not easy

hypatia said:
I wish you the best, I know its not easy

If you only knew what has happened before.

AWESOME MAN!

I like the thread title too. :)

Yeah, just talk to her and stuff. Let her get to know you better, so she'll be more comfortable going on a date with you.

Don't you just love that feeling though. You got a girls number and you're all pumped!

Good luck man!

Note: I hate to brag, but when my girlfriend called me for the first time (gave her my number at the bar) we talked for over 6 hours. So, we knew something good was happening. :)

JasonRox said:
Don't you just love that feeling though. You got a girls number and you're all pumped!

You bet your sweet bippy I was pumped. I've been asking and waiting for two semesters to get that number.

I would have sent you a PM but it said that your box was full so I just made the thread. As I said earlier, I hope it doesn't jinx me. Remember what happened the other times I did this.

Full?

I better check why.

Note: I forgot to delete sent messages.

Last edited:
The_Professional said:

Good luck

And sometimes it's "womanese" for "We'll see." :wink: Seriously, I don't say, "We'll see," if I know the answer is no. I say it when I haven't known a guy quite long enough or well enough to be sure if I want to go on an official date.

It's a really good sign that you talked on the phone for so long! She's obviously a little uncertain still, since she didn't give a clear, "Yes," but the long phone call is a really good sign that she's softening up to you.

Is she one of the friends you got Valentine's chocolate for?

Good luck!

No one asked the most important question!

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/S/showoffsg/1113625277_turesBoobs.JPG

Moonbear said:
And sometimes it's "womanese" for "We'll see." :wink: Seriously, I don't say, "We'll see," if I know the answer is no. I say it when I haven't known a guy quite long enough or well enough to be sure if I want to go on an official date.

In that situation it's a no...but we'll see :wink:

Smurf said:
No one asked the most important question!
So, Moonbaby... how'd Smurf, of all people, get ahold of your picture? :confused:

Now danger, you're new, you wouldn't have heard about the more complicated levels of our relationship yet.

Danger said:
So, Moonbaby... how'd Smurf, of all people, get ahold of your picture? :confused:

Thankfully, I'm not that top-heavy. I don't have to worry about accidentally tipping over. :-p

Hey Chrono - I am just thrilled to hear this. See, I told you there were some gals out there with good taste in men. o:)

Smurf, you've really filled out, hon. Maybe you should lay off the hormones! :-p

Congrats, and good luck.

Smurf said:
Now danger, you're new, you wouldn't have heard about the more complicated levels of our relationship yet.
Apparently, she hasn't either. :-p

Moonbear said:
It's a really good sign that you talked on the phone for so long! She's obviously a little uncertain still, since she didn't give a clear, "Yes," but the long phone call is a really good sign that she's softening up to you.

Is she one of the friends you got Valentine's chocolate for?

It may be one of the longest phone calls I've had. I also think she's softening up to me because she's asking questions about me. At least I hope so.

No, I didn't get her anything for Valentine's. I must have seen her three times this semester and, luckily, one of those times is when I got her number.

MIH, yeah, I guess I was just looking in the wrong place, I guess. As I think I said, I'm going to try and talk to her as much as possible, and after school gets out (which is about two or three weeks) I'll ask her out again.

Chrono said:

Congrats and good luck.

Math Is Hard said:
Smurf, you've really filled out, hon. Maybe you should lay off the hormones! :-p
Are you kidding!? These babies get me more girls than cooking and cleaning would.

Think that says something 'bout the other guys in my school?

Danger said:
Apparently, she hasn't either. :-p
It's OK moonbaby, I understand if you're still sensitive about that part of your past. It must've been hard trying to find a guy to match me afterwards. I won't say another thing on it.

Moonbear said:
I don't have to worry about accidentally tipping over. :-p
At least she doesn't have to worry about hitting her head if she does.
I could have sworn that was your hair...

Smurf said:
Are you kidding!? These babies get me more girls than cooking and cleaning would.
It goes a long way toward explaining the dress thing...

The_Professional said:

Good luck

I second the good luck, but keep this in mind...Professional is right. If she were serious she wouldn't let that "we'll see" crap fly. Take it from one sucker (i.e. me)...she's leading you on or using you to boost her self esteem. Be careful and don't go overboard. Don't buy her gifts and don't crowd her. If she's interested in you it will work out. If not, don't waste too much time thinking the old "if I stick around, my dedication will pay off" plan will work.

Again, good luck.

I don't have to worry about accidentally tipping over.

ahahah I just hate when that happens. :smile: But what's really wrong, is when men have a conversation with you and never once look you in the eye. You can say anything to them, they just continue chatting with your boobs. :shy:

hypatia said:
But what's really wrong, is when men have a conversation with you and never once look you in the eye. You can say anything to them, they just continue chatting with your boobs. :shy:
Er... sorry... what was that you were saying?

hypatia said:
ahahah I just hate when that happens. :smile: But what's really wrong, is when men have a conversation with you and never once look you in the eye. You can say anything to them, they just continue chatting with your boobs. :shy:
Hmm. I don't look in people's eyes when I talk to them, I look at their lips. Men and women, I don't know why.

I look at the lips too.

I think girls are confusing the fact that some people look at the lips, but they think it's their boobs. Doesn't that make the girl the judgemental one?

I don't know, most girls don't mistake me for looking at their boobs when I don't look them in the eye. Or do they? maybe they just don't tell me.

lol. I guess I am different. I always look into a womans eyes, I think I try to hypnotize them. For guys, I rarely look at their eyes for more than a second.

mattmns said:
I think I try to hypnotize them.
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I think girls are confusing the fact that some people look at the lips, but they think it's their boobs.

ummm boobs and lips are on different areas of the body last time I checked. I mean if the girl has 8 inch saggy lips, she might get confused.

No, the girls get confused.

JasonRox said:
I think girls are confusing the fact that some people look at the lips, but they think it's their boobs. Doesn't that make the girl the judgemental one?

I always look at people's lips/mouths when they are talking. I've never once been accused of looking at something else.

Smurf said:
Hmm. I don't look in people's eyes when I talk to them, I look at their lips. Men and women, I don't know why.
wow... me too, and i thought i was the only one...