Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: C-R circuit

1. Mar 2, 2008 #1
    This is an experiment Ill have to write up later, unfortunately I was out for 2 weeks of lectures due to illness. This is the experiment;

Find the values of capacitance C and resistance R in a series combination, given he following apparatus;

1. the unknown RC combination (both in the same enclosed box),
    2. a known, reference resistor, Rref,
    3. a variable frequency signal generator (0-1000Hz),
    4. a digital multimeter

An equation involving impedance that I can think of off the top of my head is;

I = (Emax . Sin(wt + &))/ |Z|

I really am completely stumped guys... I just need to know how to do the procedure and then the calculations should be ok... Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2008 #2

CEL

This seems to be a homework problem, so it is in the wrong forum. Anyway, how do R, C and frequency affect phase?
    Don't forget to consider the output impedance of the generator in your calculations.

4. Mar 7, 2008 #3
    "This is an experiment Ill have to write up later, unfortunately I was out for 2 weeks of lectures due to illness." *wink,wink* My test's on Monday...how bout you? So...tired.

5. Mar 7, 2008 #4

CEL

You must show some work before we can help you.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook