1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

C-R circuit

1. Mar 2, 2008 #1
    This is an experiment Ill have to write up later, unfortunately I was out for 2 weeks of lectures due to illness. This is the experiment;

Find the values of capacitance C and resistance R in a series combination, given he following apparatus;

1. the unknown RC combination (both in the same enclosed box),
    2. a known, reference resistor, Rref,
    3. a variable frequency signal generator (0-1000Hz),
    4. a digital multimeter

An equation involving impedance that I can think of off the top of my head is;

I = (Emax . Sin(wt + &))/ |Z|

I really am completely stumped guys... I just need to know how to do the procedure and then the calculations should be ok... Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2008 #2

CEL

This seems to be a homework problem, so it is in the wrong forum. Anyway, how do R, C and frequency affect phase?
    Don't forget to consider the output impedance of the generator in your calculations.

4. Mar 7, 2008 #3
    "This is an experiment Ill have to write up later, unfortunately I was out for 2 weeks of lectures due to illness." *wink,wink* My test's on Monday...how bout you? So...tired.

5. Mar 7, 2008 #4

CEL

You must show some work before we can help you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?