Can Someone Explain the Derivation of This Pink Equation?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Turion
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Turion
Messages
145
Reaction score
2
Equation in pink:
COn8BZQ.png


I was absent so I was going through the slides and I saw that equation. There isn't a derivation shown. Do you guys have any ideas?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
What course is this?

What do the symbols mean?

This is for solid state physics.

n0 represents the number of electrons in a semiconductor. p0 represents the number of holes in a semi conductor.

NA represents the number of positive (acceptor) ions. ND represents the number of negative (donor) ions.

ni=pi=n0=p0 in an instrinsic semiconductor.
 
If you Google "carriers doped semiconductor", 7 out of the top 7 results will lead you to a derivation. I stopped counting at that point. :biggrin: http://ecee.colorado.edu/~bart/book/extrinsi.htm is the first.
 
This thread is from 2013, and the OP has not been here for more than 2 years. Please do not revive old threads like this.

Thread closed.