1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone please explain a step to a solution? It's about nodal analysis

1. Oct 3, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

4wzrz.png

2. Relevant equations

V=IR, Nodal Analysis

3. The attempt at a solution

1 and 2 in the diagram are the nodal equations. Considering that the left node is V1 and that the right node is V2. I don't know how to get from the nodal equations to step 3. I know that you go from step 3 to step 4 using V=IR.

I tried solving the nodal equations to get to step 3...

Can someone please work it out for me? Thank you

Please help

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2011 #2

Zryn

Gold Member

I assume from the picture that the 1kR label next to the 10kR on the left should actually be the resistance of the 2mA current source, which is interesting, since by Ohms Law the voltage across it would then be 2V, as shown by the 1st equation current of -2/K, yet this voltage is not V1 ... somehow, despite sharing terminals ... ?

Anyway, you know what the voltage and resistance are for Ix, so substitute that in and then do the algebra (solving simultaneous equations) and you should get the value for V2.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook