Chem Test Review Questions (multiple chice) Need help , please

In summary, the pH of a solution prepared by dissolving 0.370 mol of formic acid (HCO2H) and 0.230 mol of sodium formate (NaCO2H) in water sufficient to yield 1.00 L of solution is 2.30.
onehotthunnie
1) Calculate the pH of a solution prepared by dissolving 0.370 mol of formic acid (HCO2H) and 0.230 mol of sodium formate (NaCO2H) in water sufficient to yield 1.00 L of solution. THe Ka of formic acid is 1.77 x 10^-4.

a) 2.30 b) 2.09 c) 10.46 d)3.54 e) 3.95

2) The solubility of lead (II) chloride (PbCl2) is 1.6 x 10^-2 M. What is the Ksp of PbCl2?

a)1.6 x 10^-2 b) 5.0 x 10^-4 c) 1.6 x 10^-5 d) 4.1 x 10^-6 e) 3.1 x 10^-7

3) What is the molar solubility of barium fluoride (BaF2) in water? The solubility-product constant for BaF2 is 1.7 x 10^ -6 at 25 degrees celcius.

a) 6.5 x 10^-4 b) 5.7 x 10^-7 c) 7.5 x 10^-3 d) 1.2 x 10^-2 e) 1.8 x 10^-3

4) What is the solubility (in M) of PbCl2 in a 0.15 M solution of HCl? The Ksp of PbCl2 is 1.6 x 10^-5.

a) 1.6 x 10^-5 b) 1.1 x 10^-4 c) 1.8 x 10^-4 d) 7.1 x 10^-4 e)2.0 x 10^-3

5) A 7.0 x 10^-3 M aqueous solution of Ca(OH)2 at 25.0 degrees celsius has a pH of____a) 1.4 x 10 ^-2 b) 7.1 x 10^-13 c) 1.85 d) 12.15 e) 11.85

6) The pH of an aqueous solution at 25.0 degrees celsius is 10.66. What is the molarity of H+ in this solution?

a) 4.6 x 10^10 b) 4.6 x 10^4 c) 1.1 x 10^-13 d) 2.2 x 10^-11 e) 3.3

Physics news on Phys.org
do u have any ideas on these questions at all?
what exactly can't you do or understand?
by the way, I have never seen or done these before and so I don't have the answers in front of me.

Out of the 42 questions these are the ones I have NO idea what to do. or maybe my brain is tired...

The forum guidelines (see rules on top navigation bar) require that we help only after the OP has posted his or her work on the problems. Please show us whatever thoughts/ideas come to you for tackling each question.

Also, henceforth, use the homework & coursework subforum located near the top of the main page.

Some of those appear to be very plain equilibria exercise problems. You would need to have studied equilibrium of insoluble inorganic salts, and equilibrium of weak acids and bases. If you have not studied those concepts then having not studied them is the reason that you do not know what to do.
(and now we should again agree with post #4).

1. What is the best way to prepare for a chemistry test?

The best way to prepare for a chemistry test is to review your notes and textbook regularly, attend class and pay attention, and practice solving different types of problems. It is also helpful to form study groups with classmates and seek help from your teacher or tutor if needed.

2. How can I improve my understanding of chemistry concepts?

To improve your understanding of chemistry concepts, it is important to actively engage in class discussions and demonstrations, ask questions when something is not clear, and review and practice regularly. You can also use online resources, such as videos and interactive simulations, to supplement your learning.

3. What are some effective study strategies for chemistry tests?

Some effective study strategies for chemistry tests include creating study guides or flashcards, practicing with past exams or sample questions, and summarizing key concepts and equations. It is also helpful to divide your studying into smaller, manageable chunks and take breaks to avoid burnout.

4. How should I approach multiple choice questions on a chemistry test?

First, carefully read and understand each question and all of the answer choices. Then, use the process of elimination to eliminate obviously incorrect choices. If you are unsure of the correct answer, make an educated guess and move on. Be sure to review your answers before submitting your test.

5. What should I do if I am struggling with a certain chemistry concept?

If you are struggling with a certain chemistry concept, don't wait until the last minute to seek help. Talk to your teacher or a tutor to get clarification and additional practice. You can also try explaining the concept to a friend or family member, as teaching others can help solidify your own understanding.