Chemistry Lab Reports Homework: Writing a Report

In summary, the conversation involved a student discussing their experience studying chemistry lab in English and their struggle with understanding technical words. The teacher was described as cute and pretty. The student was given a set of instructions for a lab assignment involving measuring and preparing solutions of NaCl. They were able to successfully complete the calculations, but struggled with writing a report for the assignment. The report would need to include a title, objective, introduction, theory, procedure, given data, calculations, and comments and sources of errors. However, it was advised against asking for help with writing the report as it would be considered plagiarism.
Gaara09

Homework Statement

Hello .

I am french educated , and now we're studying chemistry lab in english ; everything is easy but to understand the technical word in english is a bit hard . but the teacher is cute and pretty so i Like the Lab class

anyway she told us to resolve and make a report ;

1- weigh : 0.585 g of Nacl
2.transferit to a volumetric flask using a tunnel
3-add a small amount of H2O to dissolve Nacl , then fill it to the mark .
4-calculate the matority of the solution
5-using solution A , prepare 50 ml of 0.1M / 0.05M/ 0.01M Nacl

The Attempt at a Solution

i solved them All c1v1 =c2v2 -> so c2 = 0.1L
5- for 0.1M we got : 25ml
for 0.05 we got : 12.5ml
for 0.01M we got: 2.5Ml

everything is easy for now , we used to do it in our french program but now i have a big problem she told us to make a report ; i am new and its very hard to do a reports coz i have never saw a reports before . i don't know what to write please can u help me??

Report:
1-title :
2.objectif
3.introduction
4.theory
5.procedure
6.given data
7.calculations
8.comments and source of errors

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
We do not write reports for you here ... what you are asking for is technically plagiarism , they just may kick you out of school for this endeavor. If you have any specific questions you may post them here.

for sharing your experience with studying chemistry lab in a new language. It can definitely be challenging to understand technical terms in a different language, but with practice and determination, you will improve your understanding.

To help you with your report, I have provided a basic outline that you can follow:

1. Title: This should be a concise and descriptive title that summarizes the purpose of the experiment.

2. Objective: State the main goal or purpose of the experiment. In this case, it could be something like "To prepare different concentrations of NaCl solution using the given materials and procedures."

3. Introduction: Provide some background information about the experiment and its relevance in chemistry.

4. Theory: Explain the scientific principles or concepts that are involved in the experiment. This could include information about concentration, molarity, and the properties of NaCl.

5. Procedure: Describe the steps you followed in the experiment, including the materials and equipment used. Be sure to mention any safety precautions that were taken.

6. Given data: List all the data that was provided to you, such as the amount of NaCl and the volume of the volumetric flask.

7. Calculations: Show all the calculations you performed to determine the molarity of the solution. You can also include any other relevant calculations, such as dilution calculations.

8. Comments and source of errors: This is an important section where you can discuss any observations or unexpected results from the experiment. You can also mention any potential sources of error and how they may have affected your results.

Remember to use proper scientific language, organize your information in a clear and logical manner, and cite any sources that you used in your report. Good luck with your report and keep up the good work in your chemistry lab class!

1. What is the purpose of a chemistry lab report?

A chemistry lab report is a written record of an experiment or investigation conducted in a laboratory setting. Its purpose is to communicate the methods, results, and conclusions of the experiment to others in a clear and organized manner.

2. What should be included in a chemistry lab report?

A chemistry lab report should include a title, abstract, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, and conclusion. It should also include any relevant data or calculations, graphs or figures, and references.

3. How should a chemistry lab report be structured?

A chemistry lab report should follow a standard structure, including a title page, table of contents, and page numbers. It should be organized in a logical and chronological order, following the steps of the experiment. Each section should have a clear heading and be written in past tense, in a concise and objective manner.

4. What is the importance of proper formatting in a chemistry lab report?

Proper formatting in a chemistry lab report is important because it helps to ensure that the information is presented in a clear and organized manner. It also allows readers to easily locate and understand the different sections of the report. In addition, proper formatting demonstrates attention to detail and professionalism.

5. How can I improve my writing skills for chemistry lab reports?

To improve your writing skills for chemistry lab reports, practice writing clearly and concisely. Use proper grammar, punctuation, and formatting. Also, make sure to proofread your report for any errors. Additionally, read and analyze other lab reports to gain a better understanding of the style and structure.