Chinese math books at undergraduate and graduate level

In summary, a person is asking if there are any Chinese textbooks for Mathematics and Physics at the undergraduate and graduate level that are challenging. They mention that they speak Croatian and know that there are good textbooks in their language, so they assume that China would also have good textbooks. They question why the person needs Chinese textbooks if they speak English well and mention that some Chinese textbooks may have been translated from Russian. The response is that most Chinese textbooks for math and physics are very difficult and contain challenging problems.
flamengo
I don't know if there's anyone here from China, but I'll make this question the same way. I'd like to know if the Chinese books of Mathematics and Physics at undergraduate and graduate level are good (that is, if these books contain many challenging problems)?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't speak Chinese but I speak Croatian, and I can tell that there are good math and phys undergraduate books in Croatian. If little Croatia has good undergraduate books, I am absolutely convinced that China has them too.

Likes flamengo
Unless you used a translator, it appears that you speak English quite well; why do you need Chinese textbooks?

Likes flamengo and Demystifier
If I recall correctly, some of the books used in China back in the day, were translations of Russian textbooks? I can be wrong.

flamengo said:
I don't know if there's anyone here from China, but I'll make this question the same way. I'd like to know if the Chinese books of Mathematics and Physics at undergraduate and graduate level are good (that is, if these books contain many challenging problems)?
Of course!Most of the math and physics textbooks from China are extremely difficult and are filled with hard problems.

1. What topics are typically covered in Chinese math books at the undergraduate and graduate level?

Chinese math books at the undergraduate and graduate level cover a wide range of topics including calculus, linear algebra, abstract algebra, real and complex analysis, differential equations, and probability and statistics.

2. Are Chinese math books at the undergraduate and graduate level difficult to understand for non-native Chinese speakers?

It depends on the individual's level of proficiency in Chinese. While some may find it challenging to understand the mathematical concepts in Chinese, others may not have any difficulty. Additionally, many Chinese math books have been translated into other languages for non-native speakers.

3. Are Chinese math books at the undergraduate and graduate level different from Western math textbooks?

Generally, Chinese math books have a more rigorous and theoretical approach compared to Western math textbooks. They also tend to emphasize problem-solving and proof-writing skills.

4. Can Chinese math books at the undergraduate and graduate level be used as a supplement to other math textbooks?

Yes, Chinese math books can be used as a supplement to other math textbooks. They may offer a different perspective and approach to solving problems, which can be beneficial for students.

5. Are Chinese math books at the undergraduate and graduate level recognized internationally?

Yes, many Chinese math books are recognized internationally and have been translated into other languages. Some Chinese universities are also highly ranked in international math competitions, indicating the quality of their math education.