Plotting Diode Point-Contact with PSPICE: A Guide for Circuit Analysis

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to use PSpice to plot the point-contact of a diode, providing the circuit and values needed. The desired plot is shown as a reference, but the current plot is different due to a difference in the expressions used. The conversation suggests using parentheses and changing the x-axis variable to the diode junction voltage to achieve the desired plot.
Dexterous
Hello i need to show with pspice plot the point-contact of diode.
this is the circuit and the values i need:
117Untitled.png

250Untitled1.png

the right solution should look like this plot
662_1.png

but this is the plot i see

543Untitled2.png

thx in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not too familiar with PSpice's equation plotting details, but I do notice that there is a difference in the format of the expressions that your diagrams show. Do you need the parentheses to make the order of operations clear?

attachment.php?attachmentid=63490&stc=1&d=1383228309.gif

Attachments

• Fig3.gif
    Fig3.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 590
im aware to this difference its not the case thx..

Okay. I noticed something else... The "good" plot has V(D1:1) on the x-axis. Your plot has V_V1. Presumably that means the good plot is plotting the other quantities against the diode junction voltage, whereas yours is plotting against the swept source voltage value.

You need to figure out how to place the diode voltage on the x-axis of your plot.

Likes 1 person
looks like you right!
thx..

yea, the man is right you just need to change your x-variable... go to plot->axis settings->x axis->axis variable and put v(d1:1).

Likes 1 person

1. What is PSPICE?

PSPICE is a computer program used for simulating and analyzing electronic circuits. It stands for "Personal Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis" and is commonly used by engineers and scientists in the design and testing of electronic circuits.

2. How does PSPICE work?

PSPICE uses mathematical models of electronic components and circuit elements to simulate the behavior of a circuit. It allows users to input circuit schematics, specify component values and parameters, and then perform various analyses such as DC, AC, transient, and Monte Carlo simulations.

3. What types of circuits can be analyzed with PSPICE?

PSPICE can analyze a wide range of circuits, including linear and nonlinear circuits, analog and digital circuits, and time-domain and frequency-domain circuits. It can also simulate different types of components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, and operational amplifiers.

4. How is PSPICE different from other circuit analysis tools?

PSPICE is a powerful and versatile circuit analysis tool that offers many features and capabilities. It has a user-friendly interface, extensive component libraries, and advanced simulation options. It also provides detailed simulation results and allows for easy troubleshooting and optimization of circuits.

5. What are the benefits of using PSPICE for circuit analysis?

Using PSPICE for circuit analysis offers several benefits, such as reducing the time and cost of prototyping and testing circuits, allowing for more accurate and detailed analysis, and providing insights into circuit performance and behavior. It also allows for the exploration of different circuit designs and optimization of circuit performance before physical implementation.