Circuit Matrix Problem - Get Help Solving MIT Courseware

In summary, the person is asking for help with a problem on manipulating matrices from an MIT open courseware class. They have uploaded a picture and are not sure how to get from the top equation to the middle one. They are asking for someone to explain the steps taken on the bottom part of the matrix to come to the results of e1 and e2. The solution involves multiplying both sides by the inverse of the conductivity matrix.
Would
Hello, This problem isn't for a homework equation of mine.. But I am going over the MIT open courseware for this class before I enter it. Could someone tell me the steps taken on the bottom part of this matrix to come to the results of e1 and e2? I am not very familiar with how to manipulate matrices.. I have uploaded a picture of the problem.. I am not even sure how to get from that top equation to the middle one. Any help is appreciated..

Attachments

• matrices.jpg
    matrices.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 451
Physics news on Phys.org
Would said:
Hello, This problem isn't for a homework equation of mine.. But I am going over the MIT open courseware for this class before I enter it. Could someone tell me the steps taken on the bottom part of this matrix to come to the results of e1 and e2? I am not very familiar with how to manipulate matrices.. I have uploaded a picture of the problem.. I am not even sure how to get from that top equation to the middle one. Any help is appreciated..

He has just multiplied both sides by the inverse of the conductivity matrix. Look here:

http://www.mathwords.com/i/inverse_of_a_matrix.htm

1. What is the Circuit Matrix Problem in MIT Courseware?

The Circuit Matrix Problem is a problem-solving exercise in the MIT Courseware for electrical engineering students. It involves the application of circuit analysis techniques to complex circuits, using matrix methods to determine the voltages and currents in each branch of the circuit.

2. Why is the Circuit Matrix Problem important in electrical engineering?

The Circuit Matrix Problem is important because it teaches students how to analyze and solve complex circuits, which are often encountered in real-world electrical engineering projects. It also helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are essential in the field.

3. How can I get help solving the Circuit Matrix Problem in MIT Courseware?

There are a few options for getting help with the Circuit Matrix Problem. You can reach out to your course instructor or teaching assistant for assistance. You can also join study groups or online forums where you can discuss the problem with other students. Additionally, the MIT Courseware may have resources such as tutorials or practice problems to help you with the Circuit Matrix Problem.

4. What are some tips for solving the Circuit Matrix Problem?

Some tips for solving the Circuit Matrix Problem include carefully labeling and organizing the circuit diagram, using the correct formula for each component, and double-checking your calculations. It can also be helpful to break the circuit into smaller, simpler sections to make the analysis easier.

5. Can I use a calculator or software to solve the Circuit Matrix Problem?

Yes, you can use a calculator or software to solve the Circuit Matrix Problem, but it is important to understand the underlying principles and methods used in the calculations. Relying solely on technology may hinder your ability to fully understand and apply circuit analysis techniques in the future.