Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
The 737-800 is always good for a surprise.berkeman said:
The image shows the nose section of a Boeing 737-800 aircraft belonging to Enter Air, a Polish charter airline.
- 20,819
- 28,467
WWGD said:
The dialogue prior to that scene:
"The bridge is too low!"
"So what, have you seen a cop?"
- 20,819
- 28,467
The text said it is a bar in Bonn, Germany.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
I'm gonna take lame seriously here...
"I was stopped by police while driving. The officer walked up to my window and said: "Papers.".
I responded "Scissors, I win!" and drove off. I think he wants a rematch though 'cause he's been following me ever since..."
I think that's the lamest "joke" I ever heard and it probably lost something in translation too. Dunno if that made it worse or better though. I'm really, really sorry!
"I was stopped by police while driving. The officer walked up to my window and said: "Papers.".
I responded "Scissors, I win!" and drove off. I think he wants a rematch though 'cause he's been following me ever since..."
I think that's the lamest "joke" I ever heard and it probably lost something in translation too. Dunno if that made it worse or better though. I'm really, really sorry!
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I always wanted to open a bar called "Set of Measure zero".fresh_42 said:
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Sorry if already posted.
JT Smith
- 499
- 671
jtbell said:
Or maybe a legumaphile?
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 13,438
- 8,110
Looked it up. Work of a homeless guy in Austin by the name of "David". He specializes in weird signs like this.jtbell said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
I didn't know chroot tried to be humorous. fortune on the other hand (posted this elsewhere but I guess it really belongs here):Ivan Seeking said:What do old-school mathematicians do when they are constipated?
Compliments of Chroot.They work it out with a pencil.
Q: How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: 2. One to change the light bulb and one to fill the bathtub with brightly colored machine tools.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,519
He's helping to keep Austin weird!jbriggs444 said:Looked it up. Work of a homeless guy in Austin by the name of "David". He specializes in weird signs like this.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
That $6500 Angus joke reminds me about the one relayable as somebody had legal trouble due to shooting and/or killing some endangered bird. Somebody else commented, "... tastes like chicken".
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,480
- 2,231
The version of the bird joke that I know goes as follows.symbolipoint said:That $6500 Angus joke reminds me about the one relayable as somebody had legal trouble due to shooting and/or killing some endangered bird. Somebody else commented, "... tastes like chicken".
A man is in court charged with shooting a golden eagle, which is illegal in the UK. He eventually convinces the magistrate that it was an accident, and is found not guilty. The magistrate then asks, out of curiosity, what he did with the dead eagle. The man replies,
"I ate it"
"What did it taste like?"
"A bit like swan"
As told by the late veteran British comedian Barry Cryer.
Killing a swan is also illegal in the UK
- 20,819
- 28,467
This reminds me of the following meme:DrGreg said:The version of the bird joke that I know goes as follows.
A man is in court charged with shooting a golden eagle, which is illegal in the UK. He eventually convinces the magistrate that it was an accident, and is found not guilty. The magistrate then asks, out of curiosity, what he did with the dead eagle. The man replies,
"I ate it"
"What did it taste like?"
"A bit like swan"
As told by the late veteran British comedian Barry Cryer.
Killing a swan is also illegal in the UK
(Sorry for the blanks. That's due to my translation.)
Last edited:
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
Amazing how some variations have been created about the endangered-bird-legal-trouble-whatdoesittastelike joke.
Here's a reddit link to a interesting variation, although I first heard a version far long before reddit existed.
Here's a reddit link to a interesting variation, although I first heard a version far long before reddit existed.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8