Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,344 replies · 3M views
1756946622507.webp
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters, DennisN, Borg and 5 others
Physics news on Phys.org
I think this one needs a bit more work.

"How should you fold a parachute"?
"The same way that skydivers who live in Australia folded their parachutes".

"But won't that mean you will land upside down"?
 
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint
Ibix said:
I wonder how the cartoonist Thort of that joke.
Thort of by speculation, I'd say.
 
Ibix said:
I wonder how the cartoonist Thort of that joke.
The God of thunder, crossed the skies, upon his favourite filly.
"I'm Thor", he cried, and the horse replied,
"You've thorgotten the thaddle, thilly".
 
  • Like
  • Love
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: gmax137, sbrothy, Ibix and 5 others
Borg said:
Appears to be one of those Facebook things:

No, an Austrian airport doesn't have a desk for travelers ...​

Yes, it is truly unbelievable what all goes viral. I just read this on FB:
Jupiter's moon Europa is sending radio signals directly to Earth - and they're getting stronger.
Planetary scientists detected structured radio transmissions from Europa that appear to be artificially generated and are increasing in strength and complexity over time. The signals originate from beneath Europa's ice shell and show mathematical patterns that suggest intelligent origin rather than natural geological processes. Most intriguingly, the transmissions seem to respond to Earth-based radio signals with delayed but clearly correlated responses, indicating potential two-way communication attempts. The signal structure includes prime number sequences, geometric progressions, and other mathematical concepts that would be universal indicators of intelligence to any technological civilization. NASA's analysis confirms the signals are too complex and organized to result from natural phenomena like ice cracking, tidal heating, or magnetic field interactions.
I somehow have the impression that AI isn't an improvement.
 
Baluncore said:
The God of thunder, crossed the skies, upon his favourite filly.
"I'm Thor", he cried, and the horse replied,
"You've thorgotten the thaddle, thilly".
Tell me you did not just make that up yourself!
 
fresh_42 said:
Yes, it is truly unbelievable what all goes viral. I just read this on FB:
Social media is lies. All of it.

Unless you can verify it; it didn't happen like that.


What's really frightening, is that a LOT of people do not know this.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Tell me you did not just make that up yourself!
I cannot lie. My dad told it to me long ago.
You can google some of the many versions.

Another more educational one ...
Little boy on the railway track,
the engine gave a squeal,
and then the driver took a spade,
and scraped him off the wheel.
 
Last edited:
Just picked this one up from American Dad. It's a little mean spirited but it *is* just a joke:

What the three rings of marriage?

1.) The engagement ring.

2.) The wedding ring.

3.) The suffering.

Again, sorry. :woot:
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and DennisN
Another one from Facebook (so I'm not sure it's true, but still pretty funny):

1757084394598.webp
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, pinball1970, edwardII and 5 others
berkeman said:
Another one from Facebook (so I'm not sure it's true, but still pretty funny):
Photo true; account false.

"The photograph displayed above features an amusing juxtaposition of the usual hunter/prey relationship (the two beer-swilling moose are an especially nice touch), but that's all it is. Driving with one's vision impeded by a head covering and causing multiple traffic accidents falls far outside the realm of a joke, and no news account documents any such occurrence of multiple "moose head shock" vehicle collisions having taken place on a Maine interstate (or anywhere else)."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/moose-hunters/

Snopes is awesome. They go to great lengths to verify stories. I rarely find an urban legend they haven't examined.
 
  • Like
  • Agree
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, phinds, berkeman and 1 other person
DaveC426913 said:
[...] "moose head shock" [...]

Hah! :woot:

What is it about moose that make them funny across public entertainment?

EDIT: I mean it's a large smelly to the point of putrid, dirty, bad-tempered, territorial animal.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Snopes is awesome. They go to great lengths to verify stories. I rarely find an urban legend they haven't examined.
Agreed, I subscribe to Snopes' news feed. How did you search on that meme? By the photo?
 
berkeman said:
Agreed, I subscribe to Snopes' news feed. How did you search on that meme? By the photo?
Googled "snopes hunters wearing moose heads strap man to roof"
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, berkeman and phinds
sbrothy said:
What is it about moose that make them funny across public entertainment?
They look dopey with that long droopy nose.

1757087119432.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and sbrothy
berkeman said:
Just a little Medic humor for a Friday... :smile:

View attachment 365190

It's a little like the cartoon Archer.

Malory: Most secret agents don't tell every harlot from here to Hanoi, that they ARE secret agents!
Archer: ...Then why be one?
— Season 2, Ep. 6 - "Tragical History" (2011)
 
WWGD said:

Reminds me of:

Last night, I surprised a burglar in my house. When I asked him what he was doing there, he replied he was looking for money. I immediately helped him, but we couldn't find any.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, jtbell, sbrothy and 2 others