Copy and paste input commands in mathematica

In summary: This might help you achieve the desired result.In summary, the conversation is about how to copy and paste input commands from Mathematica into forums or email without losing the formatting. The suggestion is to use the "latex()" function in Maple or the "["tex"]" command in Mathematica to convert the expression into latex code, which can then be wrapped in tags for better formatting. The person responding is unsure of the result the speaker is getting and suggests seeking help in a math forum for more expertise.
Nusc

Homework Statement

How do I copy and paste input commands in mathematica and paste them in forums or hotmail so they don't appear as they do in the post below 'Mathematica'?

This has been bothering me for sometime. It would be of great interest to find out how to avoid it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nusc said:

Homework Statement

How do I copy and paste input commands in mathematica and paste them in forums or hotmail so they don't appear as they do in the post below 'Mathematica'?

This has been bothering me for sometime. It would be of great interest to find out how to avoid it.

You'd probably have better luck in a math forum, where more people use mathematica. I don't use mathematica, but are you asking how to paste mathematical text, in latex-type quality, straight into a forum like this one?

You can't post the actual latex-looking formulas straight into a forum text editor, but you can probably get mathematica to convert an expression into Latex code that you could use in a forum like this with the "["tex"]" command.

In Maple, there is a function "latex()" that takes an expression as an argument, and spits out some latex code. That would do the trick. I'm guessing Mathematica has something similar...

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do or the result you are getting.

Have you tried using the [tex]
Code:
[/tex] tags?

Last edited:

1. How do I copy and paste input commands in Mathematica?

To copy and paste input commands in Mathematica, you can either use the keyboard shortcuts "Ctrl+C" and "Ctrl+V" or right-click on the input and select "Copy" and "Paste" from the context menu.

2. Can I copy and paste multiple commands at once in Mathematica?

Yes, you can select multiple input commands by holding down the "Ctrl" key while clicking on each input. Then, you can copy and paste them together using the same keyboard shortcuts or context menu options as mentioned in the previous answer.

3. How do I paste copied input commands in a specific location in Mathematica?

You can paste copied input commands in a specific location in Mathematica by clicking on the desired location and then using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+V" or the "Paste" option from the context menu. This will paste the copied commands at the cursor's current location.

4. Can I paste input commands from other programs into Mathematica?

Yes, you can paste input commands from other programs into Mathematica by using the same keyboard shortcuts or context menu options as mentioned in the first answer. However, the input commands must be in a compatible format for Mathematica to recognize and execute them correctly.

5. Is it possible to undo a copied or pasted input command in Mathematica?

Yes, you can undo a copied or pasted input command in Mathematica by using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Z" or by selecting the "Undo" option from the "Edit" menu. This will revert the last action, including copying or pasting input commands.