Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Copy and paste input commands in mathematica

1. Apr 4, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

How do I copy and paste input commands in mathematica and paste them in forums or hotmail so they don't appear as they do in the post below 'Mathematica'?

This has been bothering me for sometime. It would be of great interest to find out how to avoid it.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2007 #2
    You'd probably have better luck in a math forum, where more people use mathematica. I don't use mathematica, but are you asking how to paste mathematical text, in latex-type quality, straight into a forum like this one?

You can't post the actual latex-looking formulas straight into a forum text editor, but you can probably get mathematica to convert an expression into Latex code that you could use in a forum like this with the "["tex"]" command.

In Maple, there is a function "latex()" that takes an expression as an argument, and spits out some latex code. That would do the trick. I'm guessing Mathematica has something similar...

4. Apr 6, 2007 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do or the result you are getting.

Have you tried using the [tex]
    Code (Text):

[/tex] tags?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?