1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Determine Rate Law For Chem Reaction

1. May 29, 2007 #1
    Can some body plz help me on my homework. The problem is in the link image below (click to go to it)

I'd know how to do that problem if it said "initial rate (M/s)" in the last column, but it says "Reaction time (seconds)" and I don't know what to do in that situation.

My guess is that I would need to somehow use that "Reaction time in seconds" to convert it into the initial rate, but I have noo idea how to. If I can do that I know the problem is easy, but I don't know how to. Please help!
  2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2007 #2
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this. I remember these as in you have to calculate the rate of change for X. When you calculate it the other concentrations can show no chage. Example:

----A---B---Rate M/s

To calculate the rate for A you would use trials 1 and two because B is the same in this

Note: None of the values are negative, I just had problems if the hyphens were not in place, the table got messed up.
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?