Did I make a mistake in my balance force equations for homework?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
rihitz
Messages
16
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement


IMG_20160929_152147.jpg

Given:
a=10m
l=18m
P=18kN
angle alpha = 35 deg

The task is to calculate the base reaction forces on A and on B

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


IMG_20160929_152431.jpg

This is my attempt on creating the balance equation system.[/B]
When replacing the variables with numbers, and trying to solve the equations, I get , in my opinion , unrealistic answers.

Is there any mistake this far?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
rihitz said:

Homework Statement


View attachment 106648
Given:
a=10m
l=18m
P=18kN
angle alpha = 35 deg

The task is to calculate the base reaction forces on A and on B

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


View attachment 106649
This is my attempt on creating the balance equation system.[/B]
When replacing the variables with numbers, and trying to solve the equations, I get , in my opinion , unrealistic answers.

Is there any mistake this far?
No.
 
Chestermiller said:
No.
IMG_20160929_154916.jpg
So this is correct as well?

I guess I found my mistake.